cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external definitions problem

0 Kudos

hi experts, i have wsdl file, i upload it to xi as external definition but there are no any messages in "messages" tab.

i tried to generate some requests using Altova xm spy so it works fine, in XI it is not.

Help pls.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to deploy the External definition without any issues?

If you have deployed it, then go to the WSDL tab in the external definition and check.

If you are able to successfully deploy it, then create Message interface and check the Context objects, you would be able to see the structure.

If you are not able to see the messages then there should be some issue with the WSDL.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

hey guys i ve solved the problem it is a bug i guess, my namespace is more than 60 simbols so it was a cause of problem, i ve cut it to 59 simbols and all works fine

thanks all for reply and help.

Edited by: kinderus on Jul 12, 2011 7:34 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

solved

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> i upload it to xi as external definition but there are no any messages in "messages" tab.

After saving the ED..Did you activated in the change list

Cheers

Agasthuri

0 Kudos

hi, yep, i saved and acivated it but nothing has changed. i can see all content in all tabs except "message" tab. there is not any errors when i upload it. it is very strange situation.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are trying to generate requests using XMLSPY then there might be issue in your external definition function or your usage. I dont suspect problem with WSDL. Because same wsdl shows request message in xmlspy. Looks like some error while importing the wsdl in Xi