cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table space PSAPYBMCD and PSAPYBMCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I had one query , tried to google it , searched in SDM and SAP site, nut did not find a answer.

I have 2 tablespace in my ECC system. There are

PSAPYBMCD

PSAPYBMCI

What are these table space.

In my system they are empty.

we did a recent migration to a new platform and we did not migrated these tablespace, will there be any problem?

Br

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our landscape we used to have as said above it is used by BMC patrol.Why do you want to drop it since BMC would be using the tablespaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen these tablespaces in the past - they were created by the BMC Patrol monitoring tool. So SAP doesn't need them - but make sure that tables TAORA / IAORA don't contain references to it before you drop them.

Regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

>

> I had one query , tried to google it , searched in SDM and SAP site, nut did not find a answer.

>

> I have 2 tablespace in my ECC system. There are

> PSAPYBMCD

> PSAPYBMCI

>

> What are these table space.

> In my system they are empty.

>

> we did a recent migration to a new platform and we did not migrated these tablespace, will there be any problem?

>

> Br

> Anthony

Hi Anthony,

If these tablespace does not contaion any objects, you can drop them.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Thats correct . But i needed to know what these Tablespace were used for.

Were there used in Older Oracle versions?

Since , whe i seared the google i could find this tablespace in many of the backup logs, so there are some what standard or SAP recommended table space.

If any idea can you please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I don't know this naming convetion in SAP standards, either. Is it come with the standard SAP installation? They might be created in order to store some specific user tables.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik