cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can previously entered data be shown again when user executes the wda app?

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

like in an abap code in se80 ...where in user comes to know the previously entered data on the screen" by pressing backspace"...is it possible to have the same functionality in web dynpro abap?..

thanks and regards,

sahai.s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but not with browser back button.

If the view is framework controlled, you have the previously entered data. Other wise, map your view context with component controller/another custom controller context, so that even every new instance of the view displays the data stored in component/custom controller context.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sashi,

There is no standard functionality to achieve this, but we can achieve manually, if you store the all screen element values in a node, and bind the elements with that attributes, then automatically elements will contain the same values. i think this is the only one way.

Kris,

I think life span property will be used for memory consumption. If we select when visible...the memory takes when visible, if we select framework cotrolled, until we close the application memory for view will takes.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahai,

I think .. For view properties we have 'When Visible' and Framework Controll,

for example when you enter some data in one veiw and you move to another veiw, if you come back to same view again

you entered data in that veiw can be visible again if you select 'When visible' property.

but if you comeout from application, you can't access any data unless you store somewhere else.

Cheers,

Kris.

phanir_mullapudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As it is Browser based navigation, it may not be possible without doing some custom programming.

Regards,

Phani