cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Action error in 12.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created custom action block for xMII 11.5 version and it is working file.

but now we have upgraded to 12.2 version.

While creating custom action i found following compilation error in custom action code.

cannot find symbol ExpressionEvalUtilities

xmldatatype = ExpressionEvalUtilities.GetXmlObject(Globals.getInstance(), transaction, _datasourcedocument);

ExpressionEvalUtilities class is available in Lighthammer.jar but same class is not available in xMII.jar.

Please provide me information to resolve the ExpressionEvalUtilities class issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I think you will find the classes available in 12.2 are substantially different than those in 11.5. You will most likely have to rebuild your Custom Action Block using the new classes.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reply.

I rebuit custom action block using xMII jar but when i deploy custom action my xMIIworkbench is not working.

1. Replaced Lighthammer.jar with XMII.jar

2. imported respective classes.

3. created catalog.xml in default package.

4. created jar by building application.

5. Custom action block deployed successfully.

please let me know if i am following the correct steps.

Will you please share any sample custom action block for reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Sachin,

You should be building your MII 12.2 custom action against the blssdk.zip that is downloadable from the MII Menu -> System Resources -> Custom Actions page in the top right corner (You'll see the white and green icon with the yellow arrow). Do not build directly against the MII.jar that you have as these classes are subject to change from version to version (major and minor). Once you've done this if you want to share your code, confidentially of course, with me directly I can look it over to help troubleshoot your issues.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for reply.

I have created custom action block using XMII.jar

compiled and build successfully and also deployed successfully on server.

but when i access workbench it is throwing following exception.

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: http://10.76.115.128:50000/XMII/CMSLogicEditor/CopyFileCustom.jar

at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Also downloaded blssdk.zip as you suggested but some classes are missing from packages.

e.g. ActionReflectionBase, Transaction.

Where i can find mising classes?

Can you please share any sample custom action block?

Thanks and Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Sachin,

The problem isn't that the libraries are missing it's that the custom action interface has changed in the newer release to simplify the process of writing an action. It also allows for more efficient execution of the custom action code within the Transaction engine. I don't have an official guide to share with you yet, it's on the list, but I can email you an unofficial guide to hold you over in the mean time.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam.

Information provided by you was really helpful.

I have downloaded "blssdk.zip" from server. but still cannot compile custom action as Util classes and XMLHandler is not available in zil file.

In MII 12.2 there is only one browse button for uploading custom.

how we can upload dependencies jar to server?

Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Sachin,

Please share exactly the origianl import statements for the 11.5 classes you are using and I can help you translate them to the newer packaging in 12.2. Use of these classes is unsupported and they are subject to change without warning from SP to SP, unlike the classes contained in the BLSSDK.zip

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Created custom action block by refering your doc and it is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sachin

Answers (0)