cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC driver for Microsoft Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have gone through the blogs and threads related to this topic. I found contradicting threads one saying we need to deploy Access JDBC driver and another saying no need to deploy JDBC driver for Access.

- Says need to install driver for Access

- Says no need to install driver for Access

I am now confused if I need to ask my Basis team to deploy driver for this. If some one has executed this scenario successfully, could you please confirm whether a driver needs to be installed or not. Also if it is required to install a driver, could you please let me know from where I can download the driver.

My PI version is 7.1 and Access version is MS Access 2007. PI is deployed on Linux.

Without asking for deploying driver I have configured scenario File->PI->Access and I am getting below error in my receiver JDBC communication channel.

"Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SAPClassNotFoundException: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver";

Please suggest how to resolve this issue.

Regards, Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as per my knowledge you dont required jar file for MS Access the reason was JDK it self has jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver, in your case something wrong in CC configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

What is your string connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using below parameters.

JDBC Driver: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection : jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\Test\TestDB.mdb

Regards, Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

The format for Access 2007 is accdb . Are you using this format or MDB?

Anyway try this:

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};Dbq=C:\Test\TestDB.accdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=;