Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on RFC Adapter

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had hardware moment of XI System XI 3.0. So the host name of the system has been changed.

In RWB, I checked the Adapter monitoring, there RFC Adapter is in Grey state. I'm not sure what it mean, previously this was with green state.

I tried to change the RFC Communication Channel and activated the same. But no change in Adapter state in RWB. In Cache status of the communication channel I could find 2 entries(Integration Server-ABAP & Integration Server(Adapter Engine)) and both are green. But in CPA Cache I could not find the entry for that Communication channel. I tried for CPA Cache refresh, but no use.

In SLD, I could find 2 entries for all the component of Exchange Infrastructure except domain which is with old name. One is with old host name and another one is with new host name.

Next week Customer going to use this system. Before that we should confirm whether the RFC Adapter is working or not. Since in RWB, it is grey state.

Regards,

Baskaran K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskaran,

Try to re-configure the RFC channel and activate and check. If not, then follow the below steps:

1. Check for the ID Cache Notifications.

2. Refresh CPA cache with : http://XIHost:JavaPort/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

3. Also Perform Cache refresh with SXI_CACHE.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done CPA Cahe refresh already. In SXI_CACHE,I could find the Adapter engine URL with old host name. How to validate the entries of adapter engine cache in SXI_CAHE.

I have a doubt that, because of this I could not find the details of Comm channel in CPA Cache content. This may also pointing to the old one.

Regards,

Baskaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SXI_cache transaction, you would not find the details of the adapter Engine URL or host.

You would only find the objects in the INtegration Directory.

I think there is an issue with the BASIS configuration while changing the domain. Please check with the BASIS team regarding the issue. And perform XI readiness check using the SAP Note: 817920

Thanks,

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskaran,

If you needs your new/updated url in SXI_CACHE you need to change one parameter in Visual Admin service: SAP XI AF CPA CACHE then you would be able to see your new url.

Doing Cache refresh in both ABAP and JAVA stacks resolves your issue.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is will happen some times. Can you please try to delete the channel and re-configure the channel with the same information and activate the channels. Then test the channels. Let me know if this is working........

Regards,

Raju