cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM CLIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Can we trigger the CLIX command on a finish of import action? I know CLIX command can be scheduled using batchs to run on a particular time.

However my requirement if to trigger a synchronize operation via CLIX as soon as the last import is finished.

I dont think there is any step in MDM workflow which can help in this. Other option is to use PI to trigger this CLIX command upon receival of the acknowledgement message from MDM

Any other option in MDM someone can suggest?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja

there is no standard way of calling CLIX command from MDM clients. Please share whats the requirement.

You can also try MDM command console for running the clix commands. please refer to page 24 in below guide.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3065806b-dce5-2a10-1493-c933ac8da...

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Requirement is to synchronize the slave reposiotry as soon as all imports are finished for the nightly updates (around 8 ports).

The 8th port always(mandatorily) gets files hence I want to trigger the synchronize command as soon as the last ports file get processed.

Regards

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey PK,

Since we dont have any time dependent CLIX trigger mechanism in MDM, why dont you schedule / trigger the CLIX Command ( Batch file ) ~ 11pm (assume all imports would have completed by this time) in the night or one in the morning 5pm - since as you mentioned the goal is to " to synchronize the slave reposiotry as soon as all imports are finished for the nightly updates ".

thanks,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM console admin commands can be called from the CLIX - synchronization being one of them.

but on the automating part , I doubt if theres any out of the box func. for that.

you could probably schedule 2 synchs (1 hr interval) in the early mornings !

thanks

-Adrivit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja Khandelwal

Any ways for your requirements:

1) you can monitor your import process through MDM API and run clix or initiate some process directly from MDM API

2) you can monitor your outbound directory when source file from your ready folder will be moved to your Archive folder( for example Cron can do it) and than run your Clix

3) (EXOTIC) configure import map for launch Workflow. in WF you use "send e-mail" function and in your e-mail agent you set filter like as: "when you got e-mail with subject= "subj" you should run Clix with next parameters."

I hope this reccomendations help to to make your choice

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka