cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility and Authorisation of Cfolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am working on a SNC+C-Folders collab project for a major discrete manufacturing co. Am stuck at 2 places in cfolders and would seriously appreciate some pointers to get me out of this ...

1. Is there a way to control visibility of non-relevant folders in a public work area in a collaborative scenario. Meaning : If cfolders is accessible to say 3 suppliers : S1, S2 and S3. And I as an administrator from client's(customers) side want S1 to access folders where it uploads files ( or whatever docs) while at the same time not let him see folders accesible to S2 and S3 ; how can it be configured?

2. When I go to the authorisation tab for a particular folder and check "None" for a particular user ; I expected the folder go invisible or at least non-accessible to that particular user. However this is not happening . In fact the user can read/write / delete and do all things with that folder ! Could you please throw some light ...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello

Please check the below points mentioned below,

1. As per your explanation, the public folder is been viewed by the client and the three suppliers (correct me If I am wrong). Now you want that client uploads anything for particular supplier S1 must not be seen to other suppliers S2 and S3.

You can go in each of the specific supplier(s1) folder authorization, and select write authorization to the specific supplier (s1) and select none authorization to other suppliers (S2 & S3). This will show that the (S2 and S3) can only be able to view the S1 folder/ or be able to view only his(supplier) folder .

2. In second case, when you select none authorization for the user in particular folder, he will be able to see the folder but inside that folder he wont able to see any thing.

If still you have any issues please reply.

Regards,

Abhishek

Edited by: Abhishek Deshpande on Aug 1, 2011 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You had taken correct approach for your requirement. I suggest to check authorization of Supplier, he should not have any cFolders admin authorization. I think Supplier should have SAP_CFX_USER role.

Best Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

Thanks .

Yes the suppliers will not have the admin authorisations. The sys is now working fine.

Regards