cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with polling files in File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am facing a issue while using a File adapter to poll file from a directory.I am illustrating the scenario below

It is a File to Proxy Inbound Scenario. In the sender file adapter module we are using the Plain2XML.

Now when I have uploaded the file say 874.txt in the directory.Adjusted the file name in the comm channel accordingly ,refresh the adapter in RWB but find that the file is not getting picked up by the adapter.The adapter is also not throwing any error in RWB.I just tried with stopping and starting the adapter but it is not picking up the file.

Can anyone please let me know what might be the issue?

Thanks and Regards

Atanu Mazumdar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu Mazumdar ,

I think your channel is locked. You can find out the channel GID from Integration Directory.

Then you need to unlock it from SAP Netweaver Administrator.

Please take help from your Basis team.

Secondly check whether you have put the file in proper directory as expected by the channel.

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Can you tell me how can I check that whether the comm channel is locked or not in integretion directory?

Thanks and Regards

Atanu Mazumdar

Edited by: ATANU1 on Jul 11, 2011 2:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in Visual Admin.

Visual Admin >Cluster> "LOCKING ADAPTER"

You will get an option for Display Locks.

Thanks,

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu Mazumdar,

P. Rajesh has already indicated the way to see the channel locks. Now you need to have access to visual admin. Follow these links to get into Visual admin http://www.saptechies.com/visual-administrator/

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40a08db9-59b6-2c10-5e8f-a4b2a9aaa...

Alternatively Please consult your BASIS team, they can release channel lock easily.

Finally one more checking : if your operating system is UNIX you need to make the file permission bits set to rwx by others and group. i.e chmod 777 filename

regards

Anupam

Edited by: anupamsap on Jul 12, 2011 2:38 AM

Edited by: anupamsap on Jul 18, 2011 7:37 AM

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu,

Check if you have provided the right path and file name in your channel configuration to pick the file.

You should get some error in channel monitoring if your adapter is trying to poll your file with the correct name provided in configuration.

Regards,

Naveen.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by Anupam, once again check whether your communication channel is locked. For this, you have to look into

Visual Admin >Cluster> "LOCKING ADAPTER"

Here, you will see an option "Display Locks". If it is locked, reset the lock and restart the communication channel.

Hope this helps to you.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athanu,

First Check the option Process mode in your Communication channel (Test/Delete/Archive).If the Mode is test even though the file is picked you can see the file there in your folder.

What is the status of the adapter in RWB... is there any error specified ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

The comm channel processing mode is archieved.and the adapter also is not showing any error status

Thanks

Atanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu,

Check the naming convention of the file provided in the communication channel.

Check the MessageTransformationBean module and module keys in the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/4cad3baabd4737bab64d0201bc0c6c/content.htm

Also check the module sequence.

Can u provide the parameters of the sender File adapter that was configured?

Thanks,