cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiobutton or Dropdown list inside a matchcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to show an input parameter inside a matchcode not as an standard InputField but as a Dropdown list or as a Radiobutton, in order to limit the choices that the user can made to a limited set of values?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is matchcode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

An OVS component (Object Value Selection)

0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

As of my knowldge It is not possible to use Standard OVS functionality in radio button/ dropdwn UI element insted of Input field.

But you can acihve the extended valu help functionality trough custom popup view.

for this first you have to create popup view there u can give multiple input options to user with a search button including a table for multiple results on search criteria and button for getting selected results to main view.

create event on slecting the radio button or dropdown list and call the popup view through that event and pass the requied data to popup view(external model window) through mapping conext from base view to component controller and component controller to the popup view.

Do the context mapping for getting the selected results to main view and/or write the code to get the selected results into main view and show the selected results in main view form / table.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

thank you for your reply.

I don't want to add an OVS to a radiobutton or dropdown. What I want is to show a dropdown - or, alternatively, a set of radiobuttons - inside an OVS popup.

When I click an OVS icon that has been linked to an InputField, the OVS popup opens showing the search form.

The input parameters displayed in the OVS popup are shown as InputFields. For one of these input parameters, I would like to show it not as an InputField but as a DropDown -or- as a set of Radiobuttons.

I was wondering if it was possible to configure the OVS in order to display this kind of interface to the user.

Hope being clear enough this time.

Thank you,

Pietro

0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

I am not really sure you can add dropdown insted of input field in OVS but defiantly if you follow the process stated in my earlier reply to this thread you can archive this. simply create one button after the input filed and follow the process as mentioned by me.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pietro

Based on my experience, I would follow Bhargava advice.

I found OVS too complicated and not meeting everyone's needs.

Alternatively:

1. Use a pop up window with a view inside

2. Put in the view whatever UI element you like

3. Fill the table, or drop down with the values you need (using R3, probaly)

4. On select pass the values you need, using an event, to whomever subscribed to this event.

You're done.

if you need further explanation, just ask.

regards

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we already have some custom search view used in place of matchcodes. I was only wondering if there was the chance to alter matchcodes' standard layout by adding a radiobutton in place of a simple inputfield. In that case we could have kept the OVS code without refactoring numerous projects and adding new custom search views as a replacement of OVSes.

It turned out it was not possible.

Thank you again for your answers,

see you.

Pietro

Answers (0)