cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload pdf files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a webdynpro application where in the users will be entering some data and they have an option to upload supporting documents.

Request you to guide me on how can i upload the pdf documents from presentation server using webdynpro upload.

How can i store such data and i also have to show the files uploaded as hyuperlinks so that user can click and view them.

Any clue is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You have to use Upload Ui element and Interactive form element.

Once you click on upload button, the data will store in datasource ( in xstring format ) parameter of upload ui element.

you have to convert that data into pdf format. Once you converted, the same you have to bind to PDFSOURCE of interactive UI element.

So now pdf will display .

If you want some hyper links means,create one more view.. insert the Interactive UI element. and create linktoaction ui element in first view, in that action write code to navigate to that view.

Its bit complicate, if you follow steps correctly then its easy

Regards

Srinvias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Upload you file thru application server and create a document in DMS for this file so that you can get URL of your file .

use bapi_document_create to create document in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Alas we don't have a DMS system to store the attachments.

I am able to read the pdf file using upload UI element into a Xstring. When i navigate to next screen i need to show the same pdf on click of a button ( no need to store ).

any clue on how this xstring pdf data can be show in pdf format?

Many thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Using FILE_UPLOAD UI element you can upload files..

Please check this..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ERP2005/helpdata/en/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ExcelFileUploadAndDisplayDataUsingWebDynPro+ABAP

Cheers,

Kris.