cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible to login through different system id with same application server and same instance number in single

ABAP Instance?

As I got my system id as ABC,but when i enter ABC in sap gui Logon Pad it takes me to the login screen.

should i have to set any parameter in RZ10?

Kindly advice what to do in this scenario?

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometime I feel SID is not required for logon through SAP GUI. only IP address and sysem number is sufficient.

And you can chage the SID also in the logon screen because the SAP GUI is not used the SID for logon the sap screen.

At the OS level , Message server is dependent on IP address , Host Name , SID and System number all are connected to each others....

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The right SAP SID is mandatory when configuring load balancing in saplogon entries.

The Message Server port number is known from the entry sapms<SID> in the services file.

Most production systems have application servers and need load balancing entries in Saplogon.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

question doesn't make any sense!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I got single ABAP Instance Installed in the server

As i wrote:

At the time of Installation a system ID must be assigned for that particular server and when we configure the SAP GUI Logon

Pad we have to enter the details as:-

Application Server:()

Instance Number:()

System ID:()CAS

In my case when I'm entering with any other System ID say ABC i can login to the SAP GUI.

How can this be possible?

And Juan i RZ10 is the Profile parameter Maintenance TCODE i think,i thought i have to set some parameters for this.

So can you guys help me out in this?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In my case when I'm entering with any other System ID say ABC i can login to the SAP GUI.

Sap Gui does not connect on SID. It connects on Application server ip and port number and system numer identify the port number so you cannot change that. Make sense ?

And Juan i RZ10 is the Profile parameter Maintenance TCODE i think,i thought i have to set some parameters for this.

RZ10 is right T-code to mantain a prameter but there is no parameter which you can modify as per your requirement.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Subhash,

Thanks for your reply.

That means anyone can change the system id with his favourite name at the time of SAP GUI Configuration,

so that means System Id is of no use am i ryt subhash?

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>That means anyone can change the system id with his favourite name at the time of SAP GUI Configuration,

Yes

>so that means System Id is of no use am i ryt subhash?

From GUI side it is not required and, but from Application side it is the identifer of SAP Instance.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Subhash,

So how come any different System Id recognizes the Application Server in my case?

And in GUI Screen without entering this parameter we cannot move ahead.

So what you say in this?

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

My question is not being answered yet.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So how come any different System Id recognizes the Application Server in my case?

Again the same question, You connect any sap Server through GUI and for that Application server IP and port number is reuqired.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey subhash,

This means there is no need of the System ID tab in the SAPGUI Logon configuration pad.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitabh,

Simply put, yes the SID field in the SAPGui is 'academic'. For description sake only.

Actually, as Subhash mentioned the application server name and system instance number is enough.

Rather you can access sapgui via Start -> Run -> 'sapgui <app host name> <sys nr>' directly.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System ID which you configure in SAP Logon Pad is for your reference. Does not used for connecting to System.

Just consider like If you have two Instances running in a same host with different Instance Number. While you configure SAP Logon Pad for both the System, you will configure Host Name , Instance Number and SID (for your refrence to know to which system you are going to connect).

Regards,

Baskar.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I got some different solution for this question.

We just have to add snc/enable parameter = 0 in RZ10,so that no insecure login should be allowed.

If i am not wrong kindly help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for answering me.

I have added parameter in RZ10 as snc/enable=0,it's the parameter which should block the unsecure login.

Hope i am right.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have added parameter in RZ10 as snc/enable=0,it's the parameter which should block the unsecure login.

Value 0 means SNC is disabled, in anycase how is this parameter remotely connected to the content of your thread?...

I think this thread is contentless and missleading so its now closed.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to login through different system id with same application server and same instance number in single

ABAP Instance?

Sorry that doesn't make sense.... Is it possible?... Do you have 2 instances?...

As I got my system id as ABC,but when i enter ABC in sap gui Logon Pad it takes me to the login screen.

Well if you have a system called ABC and you enter ABC in the SAPGui then most likely you get a logon screen for ABC... so I don't understand the statement

should i have to set any parameter in RZ10?

for what?....

Kindly advice what to do in this scenario?

I don't have any advice as the whole post is contentless...

So please rephrase your question.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Juan,

Have you read my question properly?

I am facing this problem that's why asking this.

If you wont get my question then tell me in which part you are confused?

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I second Juan, What was that?!!! What are you trying to do?

For the 1st Q, answer is No!