Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor contact person in notification type Q2

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Masters,

Requirement is to search contact person for vendor in notification with type Q2

In configuration: I have assigned partner function CP- Contact Person to notification type Q2-Complaint ag. Vendor (Standard notification type with Notification Origin as Q2Complaint ag. Vendor).

In Master Data: I have assigned contact persons to vendor and maintain partner functions for contact person.

In Transaction level: After assigning vendor to tnotification while assigning partner as Contact Person in notificaiton I am unable to search on the basis of vendor. F4 help of Partenr Function CP gives option of searching only on the basis of customer and not vendor even though notification type is for Complaint ag. Vendor.

Please let me know is this system standard behaviour or I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Devang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Got reply from SAP:

In our standard system, there is only F4-help for contact persons

regarding customers now available.

It is realized in the FORM F4_PARNR_F00

WHEN 'AP'.

IF F_AP IS INITIAL.

H_SHLPNAME = 'DEBI'. (customer)

and FORM F4_NAME_LIST_F00

• Suchhilfe Partner zum Kunden

PERFORM F4_AP_F00 USING F_PARNR F_NAME_LIST.

of report SAPLIPAR / LIPARF00.

We regret to inform you that your required F4-help for vendor contact

persons is unfortunately a missing functionality, no error.

Please read note 11:Requested function not contained in standard system.

I apologize for not having a better reply for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Std SAP does show you all the partner function like customer or vendor depending upon the respective master created.

Have you tried function module BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_LIST_PARTNER ,what output you get?

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked that FM, it is for CS/PM notification. But even that will not help as requirement is to search for contact person while maintaining partners in notification and not to search notifications on the basis of partners.

Hope this time I was clear to explain my query.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Devang

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devang,

I beg your pardon but your requirement is not clear.

What I have understood is, in vendor master (XK01/XK02) you have maintained contact person as first name, last name. You want system to capture this contact person automatically (or should give you contact person to select in accordance with your vendor code) when you select this vendor in quality notification Q2. And for this you have maintained CP as partner function.

If my understanding is correct, as per my knowledge this is may not be feasible. Contact person that you maintain in vendor master is different than CP in notification. Contact person in notification is nothing but the user IDs in system.

You have mentioned that you have assigned partner function CP-Contact Person in configuration to notification type Q2. May I know where exactly? Under u201CPartner functions for notifications with vendor reference u201D or under u201CPartner functions for notifications with customer reference u201D

It would be better if you can please provide the setting details you maintained in following path.

QCC0 > Quality Notifications > Notification creation > Partners > Define Partner Determination Procedure > Quality Management > Select Q2 and double click on Functions in determination procedure

The reason is, in my system under u201CAssign Partner Functions to Notification Typeu201D only vendor (VN) and manufacturer (HR) are maintained. And when I try to assign CP there system throws error message as u201CThe partner funct. entered is not defined in determination procedure Q2u201D. Therefore I would like to know how you have assigned this?

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Jul 11, 2011 5:09 PM

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Sorry for not being precise.

Requirement is not to have automatic Contact Person as partner in notification but to search contact person on the basis of Vendor code.

To assign Contact Person in notification, first we need to assign partner function CP to Partner Determination Procedure Q2 in configuration and then we can assign that Partner Functino in notification. I have done that configuration and hence system is allowing me to assign Partner Fucntion CP in notification partner list.

Hope I was clear this time and you can suggest solution accordingly.

Thank you in advance.

Devang

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devang,

Okay. I think contact person is nothing but user ID in sap system and this is independent of vendor code. If nowhere we are linking this contact person (User ID) with vendor code how system can fetch it?

In master data you have assigned contact person (predefined user IDs) to vendor. In which transaction code? Is it in vendor master?

Regards,

Anand

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Normally contact persons are not SAP users but individuals at customer or vendor side and which we have to define in corresponding masters (customer or vendor master).

Cheers,

Devang