Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Upgrade of ECC 6.0 to EHP5

christian_janson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm upgrading our ECC 6.0 system to EHP5 (on SLES 11) using SAPup.

The system check is blaming the os version (please see italic text):

Result of system check:

Window "SDTExecution Intervervention required":

Determined system information:

Type of operating system: Linux X86_64

Version of operating system: 2.11.1

Type of database: SAPDB

Version of database: 7.7.07.034

ERROR: OS version 2.11.1 out of range (too low) Upgrade the operating system at least to version 2.3. before you continue.

WARNING: OS version 2.11.1 out of range (too high) If this version is released for the downward compatible kernel you are using, please ignore this warning. If not, ask SAP for an individual release of your configuration. Do not continue before SAP supports your configuration.

So the ERROR message is wrong, the WARNING is correct. It seems the upgrade tool is expecting a version between 2.3 and 2.9. How can I handle this "wrong" error message?

Best regards,

Christian

Edited by: Christian Janson on Jul 11, 2011 8:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please post the output of the following command:

uname -a

I'm a bit confused: For installing a EHP the tool to use afaik is called SAPehpi, not SAPup?

Regards, Michael

christian_janson
Participant
0 Kudos
uname -a

Linux erpel 2.6.32.12-0.7-default #1 SMP 2010-05-20 11:14:20 \+0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

cat /etc/SuSE-release

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)

VERSION = 11

PATCHLEVEL = 1

I'm not sure, but as I know, SAPehpi is used when upgrading from EHP >=2 ?

Edited by: Christian Janson on Jul 11, 2011 12:25 PM

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

under the link:

[http://service.sap.com/instguides]

in the left tree select:

--> SAP Business Suite Applications

--> SAP ERP

--> SAP ERP 6.0

--> SAP enhancement packages for SAP ERP 6.0

--> SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0

i found the following text:

SAP Enhancement Package Installation on top of SAP ERP 6.0

The standard tool to install SAP ERP Enhancement Package 5 on top of SAP ERP 6.0 is the SAP Enhancement Package Installer.
Download the latest versions of the SAP enhancement package installer (SAPehpi) guide and the SAP enhancement package installer tool.

But in the download directory the tool SAPup is mentioned.

So I'm not sure, which tool to use. Sorry.

Regards, Michael

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to upgrade ECC 6.0 system to EHP5, you should use SAPehpi tool instead of SAPup. You can find this tool at below path:

http://service.sap.com/swdc --> Support Packages and Patches --> Browse your download catalog --> Additional Components --> Upgrade Tool --> SAP EHP Installer

Download latest SAPehpi installer and then start the upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny

christian_janson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I have followed your instructions and successfully restarted the upgrade. This time I get only a WARNING, but no ERROR:

WARNING: GLIBC version 2.11.1 out of range (too high) If this version is released for the downward compatible kernel you are using, please ignore this warning. If not, ask SAP for an individual release of your configuration. Do not continue before SAP supports your configuration.

Many thanks.

I was aware of SAPehpi and also Michael Teubner mentioned it already, but somehow I misinterpreted the documentation.

Kind Regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd open an OSS ticket on the corresponding component (I think it is BC-UPG-TLS-TLA for upgrade tools) and ask why the tool is reporting such bogus information. Seems like a bug to me ...

Thanks,

Hannes