cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: Fair Share from Distribution Center to Distribution Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem: Fair Share from Distribution Center to Distribution Center does not work very well. Example: if DC1 has 500 units of "X" units and their demand is 500 units, they will not send any over to DC2. This causes stock outs at DC2 (and DC3) and ultimately stock outs at the stores. We sometimes need to expedite from another DC to fill stores which results in possible damage and higher shipping costs.

Could you please give me some ideas what's the reason of the problem?

And How to have a deployment from an M Plant to a D Plant tested as well as dive deeper into Fair Share from a D to a D Plant.

Thanks,

Quanyin Su

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quanyin.

Fair share rule will be applicable when Factory is sending product to DC1 and DC2 and the supply less than demand. It will also be applicable when deployment run is taking place and DC1 has surplus product and DC1 also supplies to DC2 .

In your case DC1 has 500 quantity of Product X and DC1u2019s demand for product X is also 500.

In this situation, DC1 will not sent quantity to DC2.

To me, unless DC1 has some surplus quantity, it will not deploy to other DCs.

Regards

Datta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quanyin,

If you want to deploy material from DC1---> DC2, ATD receipt qty should be more than ATD issue qty in DC1......

Please let us know, ATD issue & receipt qtys in DC1.

And agian there are somany factors are there why its not deploying...

1) deployment horizon?

2) pull & push deployment horizon?

3) Fair share & push settings?

3) ATD issu & receipt category groups & category

Regards

Thennarasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.

Could you please give me an example how to check the factors in system, which is mentioned by Thennarasu?

For example, if pull deployment horizon is 7 days, what should i to check first, then what's the next? and so on.

Regards,

Quanyin Su