cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access denied (java.net.SocketPermission <ServerIP>:<Port> connect,resolve)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this situation that, in my code a method named executeCommand() fails to execute with the error "access denied (java.net.SocketPermission xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port connect,resolve)". Now here are few facts that will help you further understand:-

1. MII version is 12.1.6(91)

2. The Problem started coming after latest JRE update to version 1.6.26 at client machines.

3. We actually solved the problem by adding an exception to local policy file using java's policytool.exe for socket permission against the target IP address for connect, resolve. But the problem is, we did this at client machine and its not an optimal way to solve. one is not supposed to modify policy file of every single user who wants to use the application.

4. we have 18 MII instances spread across 7 servers and 6 environments. This problem is only at 2 MII instances, both at same server. All other places, the thing is running absolutely fine. So I am pretty sure, the problem and its solution too has got to be server specific.

5. when we check java console, 503 response is also seen prior to the error i mentioned above.

what exactly i want to ask here and understand is the internal flow which starts as soon as the method executeCommand() gets called.

How come a problem specific to a server gets resolved by local policy file modification. There has to be a better solution to this!!

Please suggest and let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks

Piyush Govil

Edited by: piyush.bigboss on Jul 10, 2011 10:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced similar kind of issue in JRE 1.6.22 to resolve same I had installed previous version of JRE 1.6.21 than it works for me.

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your response.

Our client wants to keep the latest version, whatever it may be. So its quite possible that today our only 2 instances are facing this issue, tomorrow with new upgrades to JRE, bigger problem might be waiting for us.

So there is no point running away from problem. instead i want to identify the cause and its optimal solution.

Thanks

Piyush Govil

Answers (0)