cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refence object change after inspection lot is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating a quality control order and confirming it, system created an inspection lot for the reference object. Afterwards, the reference object of the order was changed (btw, no action has been taken for the previosly created inspection lot). The system created a new inspection lot for the new reference object, without deleting the previous one. ( There are now 2 entry in QAPP table for 2 reference object). When trying to give usage decision for the control party, system gives error since the inspection lot of the first reference object has not been assigned any characteristic value. The worse is that you can assing quality control results only to the last object. Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that the system does not generate a new inpection lot with a new obj Id. As I change the reference object, it updates QAPP table for the same inspection lot without deleting the previous ones. For example, for inspection lot 1490000006 there are three entries in QAPP table with different reference objects. In QA32, as I try to give control results it only brings the last reference object. But, when I try to give usage decision, in refrence objects tab there are all of the reference objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So again refer my earlier answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

But as i told in my second message, when I change the reference object the system does not generate a new inspection lot, but adds one more entry (in QAPP table) for the same inspection lot with new reference object. I think your answer is for the situation in which the system generates a new inpection lot for each reference object change.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer the following in std SAP

Update of Order Changes in Inspection Lots

When an inspection lot is created with reference to a production or

process order, the system copies the order information into the inspection lot. If the information in

the order is changed after an inspection lot has been created, the system can also update certain

data in the inspection lot:

+ If the scheduled start or end date in the order is changed, the system updates the inspection+

start or end date accordingly.

+ If the quantity of the order is changed, the system updates the actual inspection lot quantity+

to match the quantity specified in the order. If inspection specifications have not yet been

assigned to the inspection lot, the system also updates the inspection lot quantity.

+ If the batch is changed in the order, the system updates the new batch and storage location+

in the inspection lot.

Prerequisites:

The system can only change information in an existing inspection lot if a usage decision has not

been made for the inspection lot.

Above std SAP is just for a reference perpose in order to understand std beheviour.

In your case the QM view >inspection type>Inspec Control may be influencing to new lot creation as changes in Reference object took place.( may be you have specified lot is to be created for each oder )

Now I am curious to know what all lots you can see in QA32 both or second one ???

Also only solution I know is take UD of the newly created lot only. as first lot's reference no more available.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option 1)

Let me know the error message number.

If it is not error but confirmation prompt, just select 'Yes' to force inspection completion.

Options 2)

If you did not record any result for previous object, try to delete the inspection lot then create new inspeciton lot for order at transaction IW32.

Menu bar 'order' > 'function' > 'inspection lot' > 'delete inspeciton lot' > save then 'create inspection lot' again > save

Regards

Luke