cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender & Receiver Agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I'm a beginner to SAP PI. Can some one explain me what is the need of sender and receiver agreement in the integration process....what are the critical aspects that can be handled using these agreements....

Thank you

Vittal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you use Integrated Configration Object.

you don't neede sender and receiver Agreement.

(ICO is since PI7.11... If you use previous version you must create sender / receiver agreement)

Naoki

Former Member
0 Kudos

*Thanks. This sounds interesting... could you please suggest me related links so that i can read more about it P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this blog is showing how to create ICO

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2008/11/19/local-processing-in-the-advanced-adapter-engine-using-pi-71

Naoki

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Agreement objects are used

- to refer respective communication channels through which data will be send/received to/from third party.

- to insert some security options like validation of message signature [certificates]

- to validate the sending/receiving message against to the structure defined in repository [ validation against XSD]

- to show message was sent/received via alias [ header mapping]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sasidhar that makes it clear and simple for me to undertand

Former Member
0 Kudos

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vittal,

The sender and receiver agreement defines how PI system will collaborate the third party system. And it is used to specify the adapter used for connecting with the respective systems.

Please find below mentioned link for further help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5d/112d20f6ce6c46ba66afb98d278fbd/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b1/f29e7a56e18a439984a3c6630951d2/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation and useful links

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender and Receiver agreements are required to associate or reference sender and receiver communication channels respectively. They are pi configuration objects. Hope that helps.