Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much volume of data the File Adapter can handle

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I have searched several forums, but i am not clear on this

I came to a scenario where in R/3 sys i have 2 million customer records , can the File adapter can Pick the file of 2 million records at a time .

or i need to divide it into different files.

Can any one suggest me in detail regarding this.

Thanks & regards

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

First check what the file size which is getting created. As per standard you should access the files with the file size upto 100MB.

In our project we processed upto 80 MB files. But it would be better from performance point of view if you keep the file size below 50MB.

And if in the scenario is just passthrough where you are not changing any data and there is no message mapping involved then 100MB size will also do.

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajhans,

As mentioned , i want to be clarified whether can i just simply pass the data (100 MB to 150 MB) flat file from R/3 to third party

using File Adapter without FCC.

and without creating IR part and just defining Dummy Interfaces

can any one advice me regarding this.

Thanks,

Sai

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> As mentioned , i want to be clarified whether can i just simply pass the data (100 MB to 150 MB) flat file from R/3 to third party using File Adapter without FCC.

Yes possible.

>and without creating IR part and just defining Dummy Interfaces

Yes it is possible to tranfer the file without using IR or ESR

> can any one advice me regarding this.

Here you go ...

Refer this link

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yet to be confirmed

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you will send 2 Lack customer records in one time from ECC to PI, it is not possible even if you use Collecting IDoc option in ECC,the reason was collecting 4000 IDocs at a time sending to PI is right option and recommended .

Even if you collect 2 Lac customer records in ECC, definitely you will face problem at ECC end only because 2lac customer records size may reach more than 200 mb.

here is the some good approaches to handle this requirement

1)Collect IDocs below 4000 IDoc's and send as a single message .

2)Process single IDoc as a one message.

PI side i processed 200mb files at one shot using File adapter.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the volume is depend on your server heap memory size.

To my experience 100mb flat file was handled using mapping.

And if you don't use content conversion, I can handle more larger file size.

Naoki

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use PI 7.1 and above the server optimum performance would be good if the file size is upto 5MB. 2 million records at a time is not easy task in single message. I would certainly recommend to split the file into smaller chunk and send as separate message each time. If you are using FCC then you can decide number of records to pick for every message using conversion parameters like Recordset per message. If your file is xml then do multimapping.