cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with j2ee admin uname and pw

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install CM path 5 for NW04

When the install prompts me for the J2EE user admin and password, I keep getting errors.

I have used a user and password that I can access the:

visual administrator

telnet to the dispatcher,

But this user id and password will not work with the install

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reset the password in the UME admin tool for WAS. Then I tested the user by logging onto the visual admin and the telnet 50008 port.

Both are the user Administrator

I understand that when you install the portal you are DEFINING the user, but when patching the portal (or CM), it asks you for an existing user. I know this because in the next step SAPinst tries to log onto the j2ee and tells me that the "User name or password is no good"

I am wondering if this Uname and password that you define during installation is the same as the j2ee administrator user to log into the j2ee?

Thanks

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I think you might be experiencing the problem due to password length. During upgrades and extra component installs, sapinst only accepts 8 digits characters, even though you may have set your password to >8. The workaround is to change the Windows passwords of your admin users (<SAPSID>adm and SAPService<SAPSID>) to less than 8 chars.

HTH.

Cheers,

JD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh sorry about the typo I meant Content management Patch 5. With the SAPinst program, you are prompted for a j2ee administrator. I am a little confused as to which user this actually is. Is it the OS user or is it stored in the UME?

Second, I have reset the password for both users, I cannot get SAPinst to procede.

Thanks

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, got it

This is not an OS user. This Admin is the Administrator of the SAP system (the java part).

How did you "reset" the users?

I think you have to start over and just write your passwords. Oh, by the way: The step is, you DEFINE the passwords in that position of installation. It doesn't ask you for existing ones. (If that is your problem)

Regards,

Benny

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is CM path 5? With CM I could interprete content management but the rest I have no clue what you are talking about.

The J2EE admin you have installed during installation. If you lost that user you can change it with the configuration tool (right on the entry page).

Regards,

Benny