cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Inactive Global SNP Settings in Background Optimizer Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to use the Inactive Global SNP Settings Profile in background Optimizer Runs.

Our current Optimizer runs use the Global Active settings. We now are configuring a new Optimizer run which requires settings different from Active Settings. I created an Inactive Global SNP Profile with the new settings.

In the Optimizer background run variant I included this Inactive Global SNP Profile but Optimizer is still picking the active profile settings.

How do I make Optimizer follow the Inactive Global Settings Profile?

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP agreed the Inactive Global Settings Profile setting should work in background SNP Runs (Optimizer, Heuristics etc). They have provided a correction note 1615063. This is applicable to release 4.1 and above.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are referring to transaction /SAPAPO/SNPOP ( Supply Network Optimization) for SNP Optimzation run in background.

For SNP Optimzaition run in background run, we can input the SNP global profile which is not active.

However, it looks , it is not happening in your case.

There is an OSS note 1351272 u2013SNP Optimizer : SNP Global Settings are ignored.

And I think this note makes to consider the Active profile during run.

It will be worthwhile to refer to OSS.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Datta,

Yes, I am referring to /SAPAPO/SNPOP. I'd written to SAP (OSS) however, SAP replied as not possible. Per SAP only the active Global Settings will be applied to the solver run.

I wonder why SAP provided the option of selection a Global SNP Profile if only active profile will be picked up irrespective of the slection in the background run.

I was thinking there must be some way to use the Inactive Global SNP Settings.

Thanks,

Kiran