cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM Implementation: Blue Print Phase

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been wondering if there are any template of generic questionnaires to be asked to the client during the TO BE info gathering which is compact and covers all aspects of an organisation. It would also be good to understand what kind of generic solutions that a consultant could offer the client.

I would be happy to understand the above scenarios on a very generic perspective.

Thanks in advance.

Papri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depends in the project size, duration and requirements of the client.

We can't say that this should be like this....

But need several discussions and documentation to conclude it.

0 Kudos

I totally agree with you, it depends on the business requirement of the client. But I am sure there is a model around which the consultant plays. An experienced consultant could answer this question?

Please assist with these basic conceptual questions to help upcoming consultants built strong foundation.

Thanks

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Papri,

As others said it depends on the client business..

for an example...i am writing some points to give you an idea

you should prepare the questionnaire to get all the necessary information to configure in SAP.

The business blue print if the final doc to start your implementation

during this stage we need to identify the clients current business process and you will map in SAP ,, in BBP we maitnain the as is and tobe how we map it to sap and also we identify anf Gaps

if you are gathering info about OM for instance

u2022 what is their current org structure

u2022 how many divisions and departments the do have

u2022 how they defined is it based on functionality (eg:sales dept, R&D dept)

u2022 how many jobs they do have in the company ,what kind of positions they do have etc

for PA module

u2022 for enterprise structure you can ask the client how many company codes (how many balance sheets they prepare)they do have,

u2022 what all the location the company established(for PAs and PSAs)

u2022 how many employee groups they do have (reg ,contractor, temp etc)

u2022 to configure Actions you can ask them how they process/maintain employee master data,

u2022 what is the process they follow from employee hire to retire/separation

u2022 what all they maintain during hiring an employee (so that you can put those infotype s in infogroups for actions)...

u2022 how many wagetypes they do have (for 8 infotype) how they process salry monthly or weekly(to define payroll area)

for time management

u2022 what all the shifts they do have for their employees, general or afternon shift etc ,

u2022 does the shifts wil change periodically or constant etc

u2022 what all the leave types they do have CL,SL ,EL,

u2022 how many leaves quotas , how many leaves for the quotas(SL 12 days etc)

u2022 how the leaves will be credited,month end or starting etc

u2022 does the leaves will be carry forward or not

how they track attendance , does they have 3rd party system to track leave management or payroll calculations etc

hope it throws some light on your question...

Edited by: Piscian . on Jul 9, 2011 8:18 PM

0 Kudos

Thank you!!

Another good answer. But will come back with this question again for the other modules.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing good..!

There is no such generic questions as our friend Srinivas said, it depends on the requirement.

But I can send you some model questions for your idea. Send a test mail to my ID.

Good Luck...!

KK