Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block vendor for services

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

my requirement is this:during creating a Purchase order I should block all vendors which sell to my company some services without master data (so identified only from the material group)

I see that in tr.XK05 there is the opportunity to block the vendor for certain quality reasons in reference also the Purchase orders creating but where is the control key in matarial master record?

In your opinion however I am on right way to solve this issue with standard SAP?because then I would'nt know how to link these eventual blocked vendors to chosenmaterial groups...

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance for help

Bye

Massimiliano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

but where is the control key in material master record?

I think you should rephrase your question & make the requirement very clear.

What I understood you want to block the Vendor.Now you do not have master data for the material supplied in place.So there is no opportunity block Vendor-material combination or through Quality T code.

Now what left if XK05 or MK05 .

You can use XK05 to block the vendor at any point of time.

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

first of all thanks for interesting:when I enter tr.XK05 I find the field'Block function'(label 'Block for quality reason') and F1 I read:

'Function That Will Be Blocked

Key that determines which procurement functions (for example, request for quotation, purchase order or goods receipt) should be blocked for quality reasons.

The functions for the block key can be set in the Customizing application.

Use

You can enter such a block key in the:

Vendor master record

In this case, the vendor block applies to all materials and plants......'

But where is the block key in the vendor master record?I ensure you that I I have seeked for...

The requirement:my customer should block (to the creation of a Purchase order) all the vendors of services(without master records,identified only by mat.group) which are not certificated---->a solution is a custom table with fields material group/vendor and maintnanacing this couple of values I create user exit that for those entries I block the creation of a PO for that vendor/mat.group...but I have thought taht it could been a standard method to do this....In your opinion is it possible with standard make this?

Thanks in advance again

Massimiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still think you can use the std SAP instead of Z table ot T code etc.

Refer

http://web.mit.edu/sapr3/windocs/bpmds05m.htm

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

thanks:I will enter for example blocking reason 01 for PO but how can I block the vendor for creating PO in according to just services/mat.group and not for all Purchase organization?

Thanks

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO in according to just services/mat.group

By material grp is not possible as there is no master data in place.

Why not you user exit/badi in PO creation/saving:

(BAdI) ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST

Build a logic with the help of Abaper such that it whould not allow to save PO -service material combination if entry not exists in MARA/MARC

I hope this will help