cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide messages from main window in popup

0 Kudos

Hi,

we have an application, in which errors can occur. However, I don't want these error messages to be displayed in popups, especially if the popup does not have anything to do with the error.

Is there a way to only display messages

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Ole,

I think it is standard web dynpro behavior to create popup error messages for built-in value-checks on input fields. Can you give more details on error message class numer type and context where it occurred?

Regards,

Clemens

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Ole,

I checked the manual and found an addition:

If you use FPM Message Manager (IF_FPM_MESSAGE_MANAGER Interface), you may use the Message Mapper to Hide messages.

You enable message mapping for an application in the component configuration editor of the

application. Choose Display -> Message Mapper Settings. The Message Mapper Settings

dialog box appears. Select Enable Message Mapping

Yo can hide specific messages by selecting the Hide option when you map the

alternate message in the message mapping table FPM_T_MSG_MAPPER, set HIDE_MSG = 'X'.

You may check the details in Floorplan Manager ABAP - Developeru2019s Guide, yo can find it on SCN as Floorplan Manager Cookbook, the version edited January 2011 seems to be the best.

Regards

Clemens

0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

I think we have a misunderstanding here.

I'm talking about the following scenario: Imagine you have two fields. The first field has a validation, and you enter invalid data, thus triggering a message which is displayed in the message area.

The second field has a value help. You open that value help, which is displayed as a popup, and this popup has a message area, too.

Now in the message area in the popup I can see the validation message of the other field. And that is what I want to suppress. On the other hand, I don't want to lose all messages as soon as I open a popup, I rather want to hide them and display them again as soon as the popup is closed.

Best regards

Ole

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ole,

your described scenario comes up when the lifetime of your reported message is application-wide.

In the normal case (lifetime = automatic) the error message should not occur in the popup window anymore.

Please have a look into the call of the FPM Message Manager which lifetime you have chosen for the reported message.

Best regards,

Julia