cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site-to-Site Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Material Maintenance on the transfer tab, what does marking a line as "default" do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

It identifies the default transfer type for this Material.

Edited by: Alexander Teslyuk on Jul 8, 2011 5:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, but what does having one line or another set as a default trigger the system to do?

0 Kudos

The system should use a selected transfer type on S2S transfer, not another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it has nothing to do with the site the material is being transferred to, just the method of the transfer?

0 Kudos

On Transfer tab you specify configurations for transferring Materials to another Site. For example:

SFC_SPAN: Specifies that this SFC began manufacturing at one location and will be moved to another location for additional processing.

SFC_CONSUME: Specifies that this SFC that has completed its manufacturing processes and will be consumed as a subassembly in a top level assembly.

So, yes, it is not a destination site related configuration.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Destination site is a required field. Each row in the table specifies the possible route of transfer. And destination site is a part of this specification. So, for each transfer option you need to define:

1) the reason of transfer ( Transfer Type );

2) the way you are going to receive the SFC on the destination site ( Receive );

3) where you want to transfer the SFC to ( Destination Site );

4) which info about SFC you want to copy ( Export Template );

5) what should the systm do in case of fail ( Event Type ).

And in case you have several routes, you should tell the system which option you want to use now. This is what Default field is used for.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I cannot have the SFC information transferred to two different sites?

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure about the need of transferring the same SFC to 2 different sites. How can you consume or continue to process the same SFC at 2 different sites at the same moment?

As soon as you have transferred the SFC to another side, it should not be processed at the source site any longer (until return to origianl site) and thus it should not be transferred second time from this site to any other site. Otherwise you can face data inconsistency.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We haven't come across an actual business scenario where this would be required either, but were just curious if it was possible.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically I did such trick in previous versions of ME, though I believe it is a gap in the implementation. And it might have already been fixed.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)