cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing issues in Sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are struggling with building a new label for a finished good. On previous labels we used barcode BC_CD39. This new label requires a mix of same barcode and 2D barcode. One of the issues is BC_CD39 is it is too big at 13mm. So we want to use CD39__00 which is 5mm. We have gone into SPAD and SE73 and we think we have this set up to work on the two printers involved. We have also followed instructions for 2D in 197177 for adding new small font. We also have a logo for printing. When I print the printout does not have the smaller barcode, any text in smaller font and the logo is missing. I went into the spooler yesterday and these prints are getting an error (unknown print control should be output) that is talked about in note 17559. And when I look at the print preview I have a logo and different size fonts and smaller barcodes showing- basically all the stuff that is missing from the actual print. Has anyone else run into this and how have you resolved this? I am not sure what the spooler does not like. We are using a Printronix T5000e series printer.

The spooler error reads: character converter active when first problem occurred

Data was saved with character set 1100

Data will be converted to character set 9010 (synt = 9010)

and then it gives the OTF error mentioned above.

Our latest attempt is downloading tru fonts and getting them into the printer. Still no success and now the labels are not even printing.

Thanks for any help.

Susan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you print via frontend.

You have to tell in the Truetype font (font family) the name of the windows font that the GUI has to take.

Also check your character set, which language do you use?

Your fonts must provide the unicode area.

regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Courier font is in the list of the fonts for Truetype and that is what we are using. We are defining English as the language. How do I check the character set?

Kind regards,

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I thought we loaded truetype fonts but I see that when you execute Courier we gte an error This font family is no global soft font COURIER. All our sapscript has been in courier in the past.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using character set 9010. We are not doing direct printing. We are using C access method. I have tried changing the font to helve since my SD forms use that but it still seems to completely ignore any font I use on the actual printing of the form. And it will not print the CD39__00 barcodes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We continue with not being able to print this label correctly. If I do a screen shot I can see I have varying fonts on the label. But it completely ignores the various fonts on printing.

Our pirnter is a Printronix label printer.

My form is defined as landscape.

I get a spool error when printing that character set 1100 is being converted to character set 9010, which is custom for Printronix.

If we print on legal form vs the label form it prints fine.

We have tried different print drivers but nothng seems to get these fonts out.

We are using 5MM 3by9 barcodes.

This product is about to 'go live' and we really want to print this from SAP vs an external label software program. If we use an external label program separate from SAP it can print perfectly on same label printer.

We welcome any suggestions.

Susan

Answers (0)