Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHECK FIELDS functionality

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

From google, i came to know that, CHECK FIELDS functionality is not available for WebDynPro for ABAP in perspective of Interactive Forms, its availabel only for JAVA stack.

But, as per our busienss requirements, i need to have the similar functionality on our form,

1) Do i need to write the script explicitly on the form?

2) To get CHECK FIELDS validation functionality for all the fields on the form (its around 67 subForms and 108 fields) in one shot ( meaning, user pressess it at the end after filling all the fioelds on the form), then, where i need to write my code/script, is it on the form as script?

3) If so, at wht level i have ti write, is it each subForm level? or each PAGE level? or MASTER PAGE level?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thinking in performance and client usability I prefer to validate as much as I can in the client side , for example formatting, valid values in select fields, some easy to implement algorithms, etc. and then validate everything again (for security reasons) in the server side plus R/3 backend validation.

Best regards, Aldo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Presuming it is an interactive form, it would be faster and relatively easier if you could have a single validate button on your abap web dynpro screen and perform all validations (since you have backend connectivity too, you could validate against master data) in ABAP itself..

Regards...Amith