Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Name

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am stuck with a bad situation with the scenario hope someone can help me with a solution.

My interface gets triggerd by a proxy which has an Audit no and File name.We then have a BPM which makes a synchronous HTTP call to a vendor , the response is an scanned PDF document.I want to place this PDF in a file system so i do an FTP.Now i want to use the File name that in my request structure of the proxy.

The challenge is i am not getting the file name anywhere in the response and moreover i am not able to read/parse the PDF to do a dynamic configuration of file name in mapping even if i try to add a transformation step in the BPM before doing FTP.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try mapping the original filename in any one of the XI message header attributes, eg, the Reference message no in the XI message header.

Then in your second message mapping, you can try to read this value from that particular attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Banu,

if I understood correctly, I might have a suggestion: Do a 2:1 mapping with your incoming proxy message and the pdf. Maybe best use an XSLT mapping, as the PDF has no XML type. Then I think it should be possible to use the filename from the proxy, and map it to the dynamic configuration of the pdf. A bit difficult, since you'll need to handle the multi-mapping envelope (<messages>) and use the Java API to access the dynamic configuration.

Hope this helps.

kr,

Peter