cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No handling units were found for this document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

There seems to be a problem from the user. Though am not exactly sure what do he wants to convey. But am sure some one of us will understand the requirement based on his/her past experience. Here am pasting the problem of the user.

Heading reads as: Need to insert new freight number series

and the problem description is as below.

The transaction that use the number series there are VL02N when you realese the packing for shipment you get a number from the series there so you can follow up that shipment.

Am sure the above description is not so easy to understand the exact problem and I have asked him for a eloborated description.

And after the description he has given the screen shot of the Handling Units of the Outbound delivery.

Am expecting some eloborated description from the user. Between, I need your suggestions on your ideas from your past experience.

Awaiting your responses.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"No handling units were found for this document" tells about the packing functionality existing in your system although not configured completely.

So configure it for which I am just giving you some guidelines here with.

IMG-Logistics Execution-Shipping -Packing.

1. Define packaging material types- it can be anything like boxes crates, etc. in this you have

to maintain the output determination procedure, output type, plant determination, packaging

material category, generate delivery items, number assignment. you can copy from standard

also.

2. Then go to define material group for packaging materials - here you maintain the four digit

code and the description. Actually, this group is nothing but similar products which require

similar packing products. For Ex. Nokia Phones all types they are basically packed first into

a polythene bag. So here nokia phones can become a material group for packaging

materials and polythene bag can become the packaging material type which can include

different sizes and types of polythene bags.

3. Define Allowed Packaging Materials - Here you assign the shipping group for packaging

materials to the packaging material type. This is related to your mterial master data of the

packaging material which you create.

Now in MM01 create packing material, this is also a material which should be there in your company possession to create packing. The material item cat. group should be VERP and in the basic data1 your material type should be packing material and i.e MGPM.

In the allowed packing weight try to keep maximum weight so that you will allow to pack any thing of any weight.

This is very important step again else you would get the error " Packaging wt exceeded"

Now you can create order VA01 and picking packing delivery and billing.

I know I have given more than asked information but if required you can use it.

All the best

Sridhar.

0 Kudos

Your client has packing functionality and is using Handling unit mnangement. Got SPRO > logistics General> Handling units.

You will learn the customization done for your client.