cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales doc assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

After defining the sales area and document type when i create sales order system gives me as error message as sales area has to be assigned to the document type, I do not want to assign the sales area defined to any specific document type, please let me knw how can i resolve this issue.

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If already there are entries in OVAZ, then you shall have to assign Sales doc type to a sales area.

Is OVAZ blank?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I have not done any assignment in ovaz...i found that in spro path sales and dist-sales doc-sales doc header-assign sales area to sales doc-combine sales organization, that my sales orgn is linked to a sales orgn which i copied, i removed the reference sales orgn and now i'm not getting that error message..

Thank you.

Raj

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

would you please explain - again - what you did to make it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto the following spro path:

Sales and distribution-sales document-sales doc header-assign sales area to sales doc-COMBINE SALES ORGANIZATION.

In thjs combine sales organization my newly created sales orgn was assigned to the sales orgn which i refered first for creating my sales orgn, in this I removed that ref sales orgn after which i did not find any issue.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

check this link

I hope clear your issue.

Regards,

Krishna.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With assign the sales document type to sales area how system will allow to create any sales document , you have to tell to the system for particular sales area i have to raise the sales order for those documents type then you can raise the sales order for those document type

you have to assign the sales document types to sales area

I hope you can understand and for that we have to go to the menu path

SPRO / Sales and Distribution / Sales / Sales Documents / Sales Document Header / Assign Sales Area to Sales Document Types

--- >Assign Sales Order Type Permitted for Sales Area:

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasana,

Thanks for your reply, there is no rule in SAP the you hav to assign a sales area to a document type, if you wanted a particular sales document type to a specific sales area, then in such cases we can do as per the assignment you said otherwise it is not required.

assistance given by SAP for your reference:

"You do not need to make any entries at all if all the sales order types are allowed for each of your sales areas."

click on the notes against the spro path you hav told.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Raj - Thats correct.

Could you please explain , at which stage you are getting error . Like go to VA01 tham enter SO, DC ,DV than enter customer etc

Thanks Rajesh

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because i told as per my knowledge so what i have given is not proper solution

based on your input i come to know valuable suggestion how it works

Thank you very much

Regards

Prasanna