Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Users and Roles

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to move my users and roles from one system to another . Is there a way i can export and import the data back into the system.

I have already tried to export the repository schema and it did not give the necessary output.

I am working in 5.5 SP6 version

Regards,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do at Data base level using DML Queries, follow the below links.

How to Create Mass Users/Roles in SAP MDM Repository Running On Oracle Database

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0daad81-6a4b-2c10-9cb8-9586b0ebf...

How to Create Mass Users/Roles in SAP MDM Repository Running On SQL Database

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0224edf-bf37-2c10-228f-c16415815...

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

You can use archive/unarchive feature,this would give you desired result.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vag,

Unarchiving a repository will give you the entire repository with data,you can either manually delete this data or you can import the same repositories schema,and in schema import exclude the Role/user details table.

This should serve the purpose,pls let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the below link on Mass creation of Users/roles in MDM-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0224edf-bf37-2c10-228f-c16415815...

Another option is to use Schema transport or archive/unarchive as suggested by others.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vignesh's request is based on fact we wish to do a refresh on the QA repository from production repository. We want to do archive but not include the users/roles from production as we want them to remain same as they currently are in QA.

We are using DB2 and ABAP API's currently. Understand there is an ABAP API we can use to extract users/roles. Is this extract in the format so we can import back into QA once unarchive is completed?

Thanks,

Kathy Vint

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

API is defenetly an option . But i would really like to know if this activity can be done from the backend .

if we run a select query on the Orcle DB2 backend on a particular table i can get all the users and roles on my cmd promt screen. from here if i copy and paste it into an excel file and format it in a particular order. will i be able to Re-Import all my users and roles back into the system ???

I have seen this particular query on one of the document

Select * from ARTICLE_M000.A21_CM_USER

Select * from ARTICLE_M000.A21_CM_ROLES

is this the query i'm looking for to extract all my users and roles.

Regards,

Vignesh

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Using insert statements you can definetly import the data in to the Users and Roles tables of MDM.

If the back end database is SQL, then we can use DTS(Data Transformation Services) techinique to export and import the data in to the tables which is very easy way of doing it...

DTS in SQL can export a table data in to Excel file format and save it in a specific path and also it can import the data from specific path to the tables. which can work same as our import and syndicator.

But i am not sure of what Oracle DB2 has,i definetly believe there will be a techinque to export and import of text in to a file format instead of excuting the queries in Command prompt and formating the data in excel..

regards

Sowseel