Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTAM Mobile Transaction authentication number for Portal

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, i have recently been asked by one of my customers if it would be possible to use MTAM as an additional level of security for there external facing portal.

Scenario

User would enter (user name , password) into the portal logon screen and click submit. User input would be changed to disabled and a additional fields (ID) would be available. The users would then receive a SMS with a generated number.

User would then enter the number/id. All three inputs would be evaluated and if correct the user would be authenticated and logged into the portal.

Does anyone have any information on how this can be achieved. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so they want to implement two factor authentication. In that case I would try to write own [login module|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c2/68560636e84b4baed62fad3d97e28e/frameset.htm]. Another approach could be to use reverse proxy in front of portal that would implement two factor authorization and then authenticated against portal.

Cheers

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin thanks for your quick response.

I have considered the logon module option but was wondering how to do the multi submission of details from the logon screen.

1) User / password

Then

2) token id

thansk