Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot of RDDIMPDP background jobs running

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I was checking SM37 in that i found lot of RDDIMPDP jobs are in finished status. Is it normal trend or any problem.

Job Log

Date Time Message text Message class Message no. Message type

08.07.2011 03:54:34 Job started 00 516 S

08.07.2011 03:54:34 Step 001 started (program RDDIMPDP, variant , user ID BASIS) 00 550 S

08.07.2011 03:54:34 Program RDDIMPDP is running in client 900 PU 050 S

08.07.2011 03:54:34 At present there is no header entry in table TRBAT PU 012 S

08.07.2011 03:54:34 Job finished 00 517 S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Ok, If your Transports are successfully going on then I think no worries to check. Because the RDDIMPDP job is event trigger Job by DDIC user.

Might be this is something related to buffer.

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Is your transports are importing successfully continously and wha is STMS queue status ?

Regards

Pranay

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes im able to transport continuosly and sucessfully...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh

All you can do now is just go SM37 and look for released job RDDIMPDP and move it to scheduled status or delete that.

Looks like regular RDDIMPDP is running as part of RDDNEWPP report as your transports are moving in.

Just delete the manually released job.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally the RDDIMPDP job runs only whenever a transport is triggered in the system. Otherwise it would be in released status only always.

Regards,

Srini

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any way i can check from which terminal this job is scheduled..? I know we can get user name but i would like to get terminal name..

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This job is event based. So you need to check the frequency of this job. Whenever any tranport started this job started, so check the frequency what s given while scheduling.

Regards,

Subhash

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Frequency of the job is evry two minuts.

For transports rddimpdp is running with ddic. This job is with other user name.

Can any one tell is there any way i can know the terminal name from which this job has been scheduled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This job is initially scheduled during post installation activities, it is adviced to schedule the job with DDIC user.

So this job will run under DDIC user and this job will be event triggered i.e wheneevr a TR is imported, so you can no way see the terminal.

There is nothing to worry or alarming on running this job.

Regards,

SBK

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Frequency of the job is evry two minuts.

> For transports rddimpdp is running with ddic. This job is with other user name.

> Can any one tell is there any way i can know the terminal name from which this job has been scheduled?

That means this jobs has been scheduled manually, this is not event periodic on your system and that's why this is running in every two minute. You can change it to event based. as per your another query related to terminal name, you can only get the server name in which this is running.

Regards,

Subhash