Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with asset creation with Transaction AS01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i have provided access to the user with transaction AS01 restricted to create asset only to individial plant.

i have restricted with authorization object A_S_WERK

But user was able to create asset to another plant by mistake.... after realizing the mistake he tried to change to back to his plant name.... then he got the message not authorized.....

i wonder where i went wrong in restricting the access?

Best Regards

Suneetha Vejandla

12 REPLIES 12

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited : What a mess

But user was able to create asset to another plant by mistake

This means user has access via some other role. Have you checked that?

after realizing the mistake he tried to change to back to his plant name.... then he got the message not authorized.....

Does user has access to AS02 and corresponding activity?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Jul 8, 2011 3:17 PM

0 Kudos

yep,user has access to both transaction codes AS01,AS02

0 Kudos

So what is the error? What does your SU53 tell? Or ST01? What have you tried to troubleshoot the authorization?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

As per SU53 report ,it is checking for A_S_WERK object only.but the strange thing is why it accepted earlier to create the plant and why it is restricting to change the plant(to place the correct plant again)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the values under A_S_WERK are maintained properly, then it should work perfectly. Ensure that access to the other plant is not assigned to the user from any other role.

The best option to isolate if the user has access to * or other plant is to check the user buffer and find out from which profile user has got the authorization. This way you can easily find and fix it.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have made sure that user is having access to only single plant,

and A_S_WERK is maintained perfectly.

I have assigned the role to the test user and tested in the test system, and I am also facing the same issue.

I am able to create asset to another plant but not able to change the same.

please advise

Regards

Suneetha

0 Kudos

I am able to create asset to another plant but not able to change the same.

That conclude that while user is creating asset, then plant authorization (A_S_WERK) is not checked. Did you verified that? If this is the case then guess you should knock on SAP door for official help.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

I also suspected the same after testing with the test user, so escalated to the ABAP team to check and confirm back the same so that we can write to SAP.

Regards

Suneetha

0 Kudos

Suneetha,

Have you verified what objects ( with activities) are being used to create and change the asset using ST01 before approaching ABAP team?

I am sure u will get clue there...

Does the user has acces to change asset AS02 and corresponding obj.

Thanks.....

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me draw the scenario :

Plant 1 - User Created the asset .

User realized that he has made a mistake and want to change the plant to Plant 2 .

User tries to do the same and experiences the error - not authorized .

Check the following :

At the time of changing the Asset AS02 - is the user having authorization for Plant 1 and Plant 2 ?

AS02 checks for the plant that is there in the created asset and also checks for the plant that is to be entered ( changing the old one )

Ensure that WERKS is having the values plant 1 as well as plant 2 .

Check and revert .

Cheers ,

Dewang

0 Kudos

Dear Dewang,

Explaining as per your scenario.....

User is having authorization only to plant 2.... create and change

User is having werks value to plant 2 only.....

User should access only plant 2

My issue i........ user is able to create asset to plant 1, and when the user is only authorized to create and change only for plant 2

then how he is able to create to plant 1 and why not able to change?

why auth check is not checking when creating the asset.

Regards

Suneetha

0 Kudos

OKay,

I just looked at su24 for both as01 and as02...

It has A_S_ANLKL with actvt 01 (create) for as01 and 02 ( change) for as02.

Please verify if ur role has plant1 + as02 +A_S_ANLKL actvt 02

Thanks.....