cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident Mangaement workcenter display for enduser and admin user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I was stuck with the strange issue, while checking the incident Mangement workceter function in service desk , I have noticed,

If I login with the admin user I could see al the fields and tabs were displayed in New message screen

But if I login with the end user I couldnt able to see only 3 fields (Priority, component, longtext) and only 1 tab.

I am not sure which auth object controlling this. Since SU53 shows no error. Anyother way I could make all the fields visible as the admin user has,

Note: I tried to change the user settings, but I dont want that, since we have 100 of users, it is very difficult to change for each and every one.

Please guide

Thanks,

Jansi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi shivjansi,

This is normal behavior for the service desk. It gives end-users a limited UI compared to the ticket processors. Unfortunately the features of the limited UI are hardcoded so you cannot configure the UI so that end-users get two tabs while a ticket processor gets all six tabs. This may change in SolMan 7.1, let's hope so

SolMan determines if a user is an end-user by checking the auth object

CRM_TXT_ID

Activity <ACTVT>: 02

Text ID <TEXTID>: SU15

If the auth check for this auth object fails, then the user is considered to be an end-user and they get the limited UI.

Good luck!

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

thanks, now I am facing other issue, like My Action tab in my workcenter is disabled,

I checked with the SAP_ALL user, the issue is same, any one had any idea, why my action button in the workcenter is disabled? and hw can i enable that

Thanks,

Jansi