cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove database profile in report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a report right now and upon accessing it, a window asking for a Database Profile comes out. This causes the program to have additional selection parameters for Project Definiton, WBS element etc.

Before we just ran the report for Period, Year, Cost Center Group. Ever since the Database Profile appeared we now have to put * in the WBS element so that the report will run.

Anyone know how to remove the Database Profile selection? One of our users reported that this wasn't in the selection parameters and our developer said there were no changes to the report.

Are there possible reasons why the Database Profile suddenly appeared?

FYI, the report was created using Report Groups (GR51/2/3)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The report is a G&A (General&Administrative) report. It's supposed to pull values from cost centers.

Our users reported that the Project Management area (which is controlled by the DB profile) suddenly appeared over the weekend and we don't know what triggered it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really don't need to access the logical database for the projects so I want to take out the DB profile. I am really not sure why that selection suddenly appeared.

For the report we are running we just need Period, Year, and Cost Center Group. The DB profile only appeared last month. Would you know what triggers this in creating reports using GR51/GR31?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you copied report group and report when using gr51/gr31?

You mean to say that the report doesn't have any link to any of the PS objects?

It is a pure CO report ?

Regards,

Harsh.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Jul 8, 2011 2:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to pass the database profile whn calling the standard transcation.

Either maintain in the profile as default or passit manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I actually do not want to enter any value for the Database Profile. I want it removed since it adds a new Project Management selection area in my report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What selection criteria you need?

Database profile is needed to access objects from Logical PS DB. You have to put at least one selection object viz. Project Definition or WBS, or Network or Activity.

Create one of your own profile as per requirements and default it in user param.

Regards,

Harsh.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Jul 8, 2011 1:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can default the values of database profile in the user profile( SU3). In the parameters tab maintain the parameter ID " PDB" with the value. then while calling any report the database profile will be picked by default.