SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Material price from material master in billing of material services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In material consumption cycle when material service is billed, the rates/prices that are used for billing

come from the service column in service master whereas the functionality requires to bill on the actual material rates From the material master in MM.

How can i get this done.I have already tried with pricing procedure configuration.

How can i use the material price for billing purpose.What exactly i need to do.

Please assist.

Regards

RAMIT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramit

Are you using Payment Distribution or Insurance Verifiacation?

I'm not familiar with payment distribution, but if it uses the SD Pricing funcionality to determine de base price of the service, it's very simple to do what you are asking for.

Could you please confirm if the base price is calculated using a SD Pricing conditions?

With best regards

Matías

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramit

Are you using Payment Distribution or Insurance Verifiacation?

I'm not familiar with payment distribution, but if it uses the SD Pricing funcionality to determine de base price of the service, it's very simple to do what you are asking for.

Could you please confirm if the base price is calculated using a SD Pricing conditions?

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

For the billing of services SD pricing conditions are being used to determine base price.

That's fine.

My question is relating to the billing of material services and the price to be taken should come from MM material master.This is relating to Material Consumption in IS-H. Service rule R24 has been activated and pharmacy view has been added in material master to cater to the billing using material prices.The requirement is such that material prices whose services are being billed should be picked from material master.

How to go about doing this.

Hope i have made it clear.

Looking forward to your reply

Regards

RAMIT

0 Kudos

Hi Ramit

Let me ask you a few more question before answering.

In table NLEI, you have the materials one by one o they are collected in a generic service?

For having them one by one you must have one billiable service per material/unit.

If you have un service per material, you could use the Condition Type VPRS that provides the actual cost of the material. Be aware that the field e_komp-matnr must be filled in the badi prcing fields.

If you have a generic service, it's a little bit complicated because yo must develop a pricing formula to obtain the cost from all the materials asociated to the generic service.

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Thank you for your answer.

We used the Condition Type VPRS to calculate the actual material cost in the pricing procedure schema.

Also condition basis 510 was to be used.

For material consumption billing we are using one service per material/unit.

Initially we were using Condition type GP00 with 501 as condition basis.

Thanking you

Regards

RAMIT

0 Kudos

Hi Ramit

I used the condition VPRS statistical storing the price un a subtotal. Then a new Condition that overwrites the price determined by GP00 and asigning the price from VPRS.

The condition VPRS is working for you? Remember to fill the matnr in the badi pricing_fields. If you use different valuation areas, you should also determine that field.

Please, let me know.

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I am working on the same topic right now.

I've done the following steps:

1). Service Rule R24

2). Default Material Service

3). Mode 2 for a material in a material master data

4). A condition table

5). An access sequence for this condition table

6). A condition type

7). A pricing procedure: with the formula 510

I have two questions:

1). The system creates an invoice at cost zero when the calculation type of the condition is"Percentage" in the condition type.

The system creates an invoice at cost nonzero - when the calculation type of the condition is "Quantity" in the condition type. In this case I define an amount for a material directly in the condition.

I want to use a price of material based on a material master data. Could you please tell me what must I do for that?

2). I don't maintain a material directly in a material consumption view: I create a good issues for a case and the system creates a record in a material consumption view. In this case the R24 doesn't work: a default material service isn't created by the system based on a material in a material consumption view. (R24 only works when a material is maintained directly in a material consumption view).

Did somebody face with the issue? Do you have any idea how can I fix it?

Thank you very much for your time.

Kind Regards,

Alexander.

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

If you need the price of the material master, you must use the condition VPRS, and to fill the fied vbrp-matnr in the badi for pricing fields. See the explanation above.

Regarding the 2nd question, I guess you are using NMM7 or NMM1. As far as I knor, the rule is not called there, I had to do a modification to call a bapi and to create de service in the case.

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

thank you very much, I will try to do it.

Kind Regards,

Alexander.

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

regarding your 2nd question:

Please refer to SAP note 1303734. The correction supplied with this note allows the system to execute service rule 24 "Create and Adjust Material Services" based on case-related goods issues as well.

Best regards,

Katharina

0 Kudos

Hi Katharina,

thank you very much for your answer, but my customer's systems has the highest support package SAPK-60508INISH (release 605).

It must work according to the SAP note 1303734 ... but don't. What do you think about it?

Kind regards,

Alexander.

Edited by: Alexander Polevoy on Oct 6, 2011 10:48 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

in this case I would recommend to create an OSS ticket.

Best regards, Katharina

0 Kudos

Hi Katharina,

thank you very much for your advice. I will do it.

Kind Regards,

Alexander.

0 Kudos

Hi Katharina

Good to know that! Thank you!

Matías