cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access for import manager and syndicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to know whether is there any way on how we can restrict the access to import manger and syndicator.

I have one scenario whether user needs to be given the access to data manager only but not to other components.It is ok if they are able to open but should not be able to import or syndicate.

Please help in this

Thanks

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am sorry if i am confusing you.

In console i will be able to restrict the user for add/modify or delete the maps but still he will be able to import or syndicate the record.

So lets say if i have a user who needs to get access only for data manager with all fields as Execute for respective main table and if all the import and syndication map radio button is marked as none he will still be able to import or syndicate .The only thing he cannot do is to perform anything with maps.

Please correct me if i m wrong.

Will be gr8 help

Thanks

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

No i get your point Nitin,I said if a unwanted user logs into Import manager he can try to add/modify/replace record,this can be stopped if he is not given the rights.For this go to Console,Admin table and goto Roles and set rights and privileges on that.

whenever a user logs into Import Manager he has to give his user id and password,and from there we can control this.

If he tries to import records,it will fail.also if he tries to modify map,it wil fail too.

To get a clearer picture try doing it for one user and run this scenario.

An excerpt froim reference guide:

"The groups and functions displayed in the Name column are listed in Table 89; access privileges for each function are directly editable in the Functions pane"

record - Add records

 Modify records

 Modify checked out records

 Delete records

 Merge records

 Merge checked out records

 Protect records

 Unprotect records

 Check out records

 Check out new records

 Check in owned records

 Roll back owned records

 Check in non-owned records

 Roll back non-owned records

 Modify join permissions for non-owned records

Consolidation and distribution - Add import maps

 Modify import maps

 Delete import maps

 Add syndication maps

 Modify syndication maps

 Delete syndication maps

 Enable key mappin

You can control these setting privileges in Console.

thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

But the scenario is like some users will be only importing the data and some only syndicating.I want the user who is handling data manager should not be able to import or syndicate.

Even if I dont install IM or syndicator on his machine still he can log into others system and perform the operation.

I want to restrict this.

Is there a solution for this?Or any other solution/configuration in IM or syndicator itself so that we can do and user wont be knowing this

Thanks

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitin,

You can look at it this way,if any user logs in to someone else's system using his own login id and password to Import manager/syndicator he would do this to Add/Modify/delete a record or to modify maps.

All this can be controlled from console when we do not give him rights to perform these operations.

Even if he logs into IM he will not be able to perform any operation he is not given rights for.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

As rightly pointed out by Antony,you can have control over individual users by assigning them appropriate role in console.

Choose there rights to the granular level,you can also control there rights at table/field level.

For detailed information refer to the Console Reference guide pg 300.

Also you can setup Record constraints,they are selections of masks, named searches, and/or lookup table records that allow you to create virtual subset repositories on a per role basis. Only records that fall within the constrained record set will ever be visible or known to the role.

Moreover,You should only install Data Manager Client in the users system.However,appropriate role/user restriction is absolutely mandatory.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to contraints section / tab in the console and restrict functions for import manager / syndicator

but give full access for Data manager.

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I dont think so , u can restrict the user by components

If a user have user id for a specific repository , he can log in to all the components of that repository

U can control the user not to Add/Delete/Modify the maps through the Roles on the Console

Other simple way is that, install only the components to the users which is revelant to them

Regards,

Antony