cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error track NWDI for ESS/MSS / Portal 7.0 EHP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i try create new track for ESS/MSS but assign Software Component not show developments in the NWDS.

How is the procedure??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

is this related to the originally reported issue? I believe not. If it is not, then I kindly ask you to close this thread (mark it as answered if it helped) and open a new one for the new issue.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin Szolke, sorry for delay in responding. The problem persists.

Issue:

- Create new track and add the Software component but have question. In the list software component show multiple versions, for example add Software component SAP_ESS and show list:

- SAP_ESS 600

- SAP_ESS 603

- SAP_ESS 701

- SAP_ESS 100

which of these versions should choose??? My Portal Version is Netweaver 7.0 EHP 2

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I close this thread with the reference of the new thread:

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

could you please close the thread by marking it as answered if it helped?

Thank you for your time and Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error comes, because the software is not available in the (development/consolidation) buildspace.

In short, to solve this error, you need to go to the CMS -- Transport Studio -- Development tab, and import the software component SAP_BUILDT.

Let me explain this a bit.

"Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb."

The Development Component (further: DC) "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro" is missing from the development buildspace.

tc means techical component,

bi means build infrastructure and

bp means build plugin.

This DC is located in the Software Component (further: SC) SAP_BUILDT, i.e. this very error means that the SC SAP_BUILDT has not been imported into the development buildspace therefore this DC cannot be taken from the buildpace (in the error message referred as syncdb) for the build and so you receive the error.

Most likely if you go to the Development tab as I have described at the beginning, you will see the SC with status "Waiting for Import". If the SC is not available there, then you need to ensure that you have "checked-in" the software (you find this feature again in CMS webui -- Transport Studio -- Check-in Tab). If you have any difficulties at this step, then check the note "#1259604 - CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox are displayed"

(https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1259604)

This was one example for the DC sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro since this is what you have seen in the error message, but of course you need to do the same for all the other software components involved in this track. These are most likely in case of an ESS development the following SCs:

- SAP_BUILDT

- SAP-JEE

-SAP_JTECHS

-SAP_PCUIGP

-SAP_ESS

(this list is also available in the PDF attached to the mentioned note 872892)

Once all these SCs have been imported, restart your NWDS, log on again to NWDI from your NWDS, and this time the DCs will be available in the SCs, i.e. if you expand those SC nodes all the DCs belonging to the given SC will be listed, and the build won't fail any more with this error.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin ()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin, nedd you help.

In the NWA, Configuration the track name: "Change management service (CMC): Modify a software component" / in the setp "Software Component" show message error:

Validation Error: The given Software Component could not be found in the Software Catalog . Ensure that the Software Catalog in the SLD is up to date. Otherwise download the latest SLD content from the SAP Service Marketplace and import it into your SLD repository.

Options de software component:

Name: SAPESS

Vendor: company.com

Release: 1.0

Edited by: Eli Daniel Ramones on Aug 5, 2011 3:58 PM

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli Daniel Ramones

First check the system and conpoent infromation then copy or download same version of the required SCA and then put in CMS inbox directory in the server location.

For System Information: http://<hostname>:portnumber/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

For Component Information: http://<hostname>:portnumber/sap/monitoring/ComponentInfo

then refer to the SAP notes : 872892 for NWDI Cookbook for ESS and MSS.

Refer to below thead where same question discussed

[|]

[|]

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, thanks for you information, the note 872892 show step by step configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, attached the message error the track:

Error N° 1

04/08/2011 08:57:41 AM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: ess/per: Build failed for sap.com/ess/per(sap.com_SAP_ESS_1) in variant "default": Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb.

*----

Build log -

Development Component Build (2011-08-04 08:57:41)

Component name: ess/per

Component vendor: sap.com

SC compartment: sap.com_SAP_ESS_1

Configuration: EPD_ESSOrig_D

Source code location: http://mxmlnbw02:50200/dtr/ws/ESSOrig/sap.com_SAP_ESS/dev/inactive/DCs/sap.com/ess/per/_comp/

DC root folder: C:UsersGustavo Rodriguez.dtc0DCssap.comessper_comp

DC type: Web Dynpro

Host: isabella

DC Model check:

All used DCs are available locally

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb.

Build failed with errors.

Error N° 2

04/08/2011 08:57:41 AM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: ess/per: Build failed for sap.com/ess/per(sap.com_SAP_ESS_1) in variant "default": Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro

*----

Build log -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you brief us on how you have gone about setting up the track?

Have you included 'required' and 'developed' software components in the track data in Landscape Configurator section of CMS?

After this, have you checked in the required software components into the track in Transport Studio?

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij, have any email for send images??