cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is localization handled in SAP ME ? Our customer have around 20 plants arcoss various countries and we want to know how localization is handled and what could be the efforts needed for each plant.Is their any guide available for this.

Thanks,

Raveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Raveen,

SAP ME is internationalized. It means that user interface text within the application can be displayed in one of many different languages. At the same site, each user can control the display of user interface text by selecting a desired language for the browser. Because the language setting is controlled at each client system, SAP ME can support multiple languages simultaneously.

As to the locale specific settings, they are configured by JVM settings according to the installation guide.

So, I don't see a big effort needed to set up plants in different countries.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the inputs, when you say the language can be set via browser settings, are browser settings also valid for GUI in SAP ME.What are the languages supported by SAP ME with respect to GUI, is there nay link where I can find the information about this.

Thanks,

Jai

0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Yes, browser settings are valid for SAP ME GUI. Currently the following languages are supported: Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish. You can check it here:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/support/scl/default.htm?usecaseid=8&showheader=X&s...

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks, We are on ME 5.2 ..are these languages still valid for ME 5.2 ? as I paste the link in the browser, general data tab is opening with information and PPT ( SAP Manufacturing execution 5.2 DB versions and operating systems ) is downloaded. But I dont see any information about languages.

Thanks,

Jai

0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Yes, they are still valid. You can check it on Languages tab, not on General.

BR,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I dont see the language tab there, I have got a Globalization overview pdf doc for SAP ME 5.2 and there in language support I dont see Russian ,Can you please confirm why there is difference. Is this something to do with service pack on ME?

Thanks,

Jai

0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The Language tab is available for me on PAM for ME 5.2, but not for ME 6.0. Anyway, those languages are supported for each Service Pack of ME 5.2.

Would you please provide a link to that Globalization pdf, so I can check it?

Thank you,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I am able to see only 3 tabs General, Database platform and Web browser platform. Well, i did got this from one of my colleague and I am not aware about the link but i guess it should be available in Knowledge exchange or SAP Online knowledge Products for SAP Manufacturing on service market place.

If you can find and confirm this, would be very helpfull.

Thanks,

Jai

0 Kudos

Jai,

I just have checked Russian for SAP ME GUI and it works fine. You can find all locale specific settings (including Russian) in installation guide.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks, can you point me to the installation guide link.

Jai

0 Kudos

Jai,

You may find it here: https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/instguides (SAP Business Suite Applications -> SAP Manufacturing -> SAP Manufacturing Execution 5.2 -> Installation Guide SAP ME 5.2).

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex

Answers (0)