Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to multiple receivers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

(This is an IDoc to IDoc scenario)

I am working on a scenario where I need to send a mapped IDoc to four local folders. (The local folders are for archived copies of the IDoc and for pick up by third party systems. We are not concerned with the IDocs after deposit in the folders) The key is to have 4 identical copies of the IDoc in 4 different folders after mapping through PI. This is not for xml versions of the IDoc, this is for the flat text version of the IDoc.

I have already mapped the IDoc and have also taken care of the 1:N issue on the outbound IDoc. What is the best way to get 4 copies of the mapped IDoc to four different folders? Couldn't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere!

Thanks!

Don

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Step 1)

You Have to use a file port instead of HTTP port to create a TXT file on a file server.

Step 2)

Create a scenario in PI system which picks the file and moves to multiple receivers (PUt no condition in the RX determination).

For this you have to create multiple receivers and multiple receiver communicatoin channels.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I currently have 4 file ports configured in PI, one for each target directory location. Since I knew this was going to be part of the solution I had them created already.

Could you please be a little more specific when you say "Create a scenario in PI system which picks the file and moves to multiple receivers (PUt no condition in the RX determination). For this you have to create multiple receivers and multiple receiver communicatoin channels."

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you require identical copies of the idoc in 4 different locations, use a 1:1 mapping and 4 different receivers as mentioned by Ravi.

So your receiver determination would contain 4 receiver systems.

btw, how are you converting the Idoc to the text format? using Abap mapping or module bean (this is possible if you are o Pi 7.1 Ehp 1)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all and thanks for all the answers so far. I have all receivers configured in Receiver Determination as business services, each with their own communication channel and each channel to its own target directory. However, at runtime I receive the following error in receiver identification:

SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="RCVR_DETERMINATION">NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC</SAP:Code

<SAP:Stack>No receiver could be determined</SAP:Stack>

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thx!

Edited by: donald.meredith on Jul 8, 2011 10:55 AM

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

Can you tell us, how you configured the idoc in sap side?

are you sendng the idoc directly through HTTP port to SAP PI?

If yes, did you put any condition in the receiver determinatin condition?

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The IDoc is pushed to PI through a transactional RFC port on R/3 DEV. There are no conditions set in receiver determination.

Thx,

Donald

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

1) chcek the idoc type and basic type used in the configuration vs what you have sent.

2) Clear the cache (SXI_CACHE), if step 1 is good.

3) Check the Logical system name in the SLD fr the sap erp system (your source system). It should not be blank.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm unsure what you mean by this:

1) chcek the idoc type and basic type used in the configuration vs what you have sent.

Can you please clarify?

Thx!

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

What i mean is, when you configure the receiver determination , you have to specify the interface name where you can find the basic type and idoc type ( usually it will be like <BasicType>.<IdocType>

Compare these values with the values that you see in the idoc control record in the payload (SXMB_MONI).

If it does not help, you can try deleteing the idoc meta data using IDX2 and try reloading the metadata.

best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am sending PAYEXT.PEXR2002.PEXR2002 and the payload confirms this as below:

<IDOCTYP>PEXR2002</IDOCTYP>

<CIMTYP>PEXR2002</CIMTYP>

<MESTYP>PAYEXT</MESTYP>

<STDMES>PAYEXT</STDMES>

<SNDPOR>SAPDEV</SNDPOR>

<SNDPRT>LS</SNDPRT>

<SNDPRN>DEVCLNT400</SNDPRN>

<RCVPOR>PIDDEV100</RCVPOR>

<RCVPRT>LS</RCVPRT>

<RCVPRN>SAPXI</RCVPRN>

<CREDAT>20110707</CREDAT>

<CRETIM>150248</CRETIM>

<SERIAL>20110420145801</SERIAL>

</EDI_DC40>

- <E1IDKU1 SEGMENT="1">

<BGMTYP>PEX</BGMTYP>

<BGMNAME>EXTENDED PAYMENT ORDER</BGMNAME>

I will delete the metadata again in IDX2 and re-load. Is there anything else you can think of or may need from me in order to diagnose/resolve the issue? Thanks in advance for your help thus far!

Donald

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try with multi mapping in PI , you have to convert IDoc to Flat file, so use FCC in Receiver File channel, but you required multiple File channels(4) here.

Regards,

Raj