cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bobj on SQL server 2008 (exisiting database)

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have a quick question:

I just installed bobj server on existing database sql server2008 and in a process of testing it, this is my first time install based on sql server 2008. My question is that when we create universe or even reports, does the object appears on the query panel exactly like dimensions and measure or does it look like some kind of different format.

Also I need to find out that in order to bring data in sql tables do I have to or database administrator has to perform ETL process on sql server so i can see all the tables, fields, objects in order to create universe and then reports.

I would apprceiate if you clarify this confusion.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To build a universe on a SQL Server 2008 database, you need the following:

1/ Either: a generic SQL Server account with select privileges on all required tables and view and execute privileges on any functions used OR all report users must have a Windows AD account that has the privileges as described above. I prefer a generic reporting account for ease of administration, with user access controlled at the CMS level

2/ An understanding of the data schema so that you can join tables together correctly

3/ An understanding of how to build a universe against a relational schema; a course is strongly recommended or failing that a good book like Cindi Howson's. It's totally different to the world of building universes over SAP.

4/ Ideally a set of reporting requirements so that you know what you need to provide and who to provide it to.

This is a very high level set of bullet points but a good starter for you to consider.

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I wold definately look into getting some more knowledge on designer side. I have another question if you dont mind answering.

I finshed installing the server and test it on system defined universe such as efashion etc, the data source connection is tested successfuly and i can even create a report on webi Rich client to make sure installation is ok.

But when I try to log on to Infoview I get the following error message as soon as I click on document list->New--->Web Intelligence Document. Pls advise if I am missing some connection settings or some kind of firewall rules to be set.

HTTP Status 400 - Invalid path /AnalyticalReporting/WebiCreate was requested

-

type Status report

message Invalid path /AnalyticalReporting/WebiCreate was requested

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid path /AnalyticalReporting/WebiCreate was requested).

-

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the install dir and Tomcat/webapps folder.

Stop tomcat and take a backup of AnalyticalReporting folder and then delete it.

Restart tomcat and it will redeploy the application.

Wait a couple of minutes for it to restart fully and then try to create the report.

Make sure you have JRE installed on your machine. If not tweak your browser settings to let the BO server download and install the JRE for you.