Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA locks the users when a new system is added

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have configured CUA for ECC environments... I am observing that CUA automatically locks certain System/ communication users along with some dialog users when the system is added to it. It is not locking all the users, I understand that this is due to distribution parameters... below is the current lock distribution settings on the system. Please suggest how to correct the issue.

Unlock globally - Everywhere

Lock globally - Global

Unlock locally - Local

Lock locally - Local

Unlock incorr. logon - Global

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you mean that the users used in teh RFC-connections for CUA are getting locked?

Which kind of lock (check table usr02->uflag)?

Or do you mean already existing, but locked users get that lock also in the new assigned system?

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

As suggested by Bernhard, i would assume that the list of users getting locked have been used in CUA-RFC connections..and they are not setup properly.. Is there a similar pattern for this list or is it random and keeps changing every time you add a new system... Most of the times it has always something to do with users used in RFC connections.. I dont see anything different or wrong in your proposal values ....

~Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i also faced this issue. User values(Lock,Validity date) normally get overwritten in Child systems. So, make sure those users are not locked/expired in any system prior to adding them in CUA. A user in 1 Child system where it is locked, will might lock the same id, when another Child system is added.

Users also get expired with 'Validity as the last logon date' of that particular system.

Download all the users(SUIM) for their Lock status and Validity dates before adding teh Child system to CUA. Compare these users(System/Communication Ids) after adding them to CUA.