cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB13 scheduled tasks not appear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´ve connected an external Oracle databases, and I´ve scheduled some maintenance tasks.

During on time, the finished and scheduled tasks appears in the DB13, but I´ve seen that the scheduled tasks off external databases not appear, but the time if scheduled tasks has passed, the tasks it´s correctly finished and appears.

The problem is that the scheduled tasks cannot edit them, because not appears in the calendar, only when they´ve finished.

What can i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you know it is possible to select external systems in DB13? The button at the top left (full screen) reveals the option. Actually i makes you kind of switch to the DBACOCKPIT.

Could you try to select the remote database and then check the calendar?

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the DB13, I can select the portal database (external database) and schedule some maintenance tasks but in the DB13 not appears. I found the note 1025707, that it was updated, but the step 6 I don´t understande de parameter:

Note 6:

If the remote database is on the same server as the DBA Cockpit system, you must set the <(><<)>SAPSID<(>><)>-specific variables (with the <(><<)>SAPSID<(>><)> prefix) in the environment of the adm of the DBA Cockpit system (cenadm). You must restart the system so that the "CEN" DBA Cockpit system is informed of these variables. In this case, no remote access via rsh/ssh or gateway is performed.

joe_ledesma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding [Note 1025707 - DBA Cockpit: Planning calendar and remote Oracle databases|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1025707], I have posted this about two of the methods in that note:

[DBA Cockpit: Planning calendar and remote Oracle databases- which method?|;

Regarding Note 6 in Note1025707, this is for if both systems are on the same server, for example, a server has AS ABAP CEN with DBA Cockpit and has AS Java JAV. Is this your situation? The Oracle DB for the separate AS Java would still be considered "remote" in this case. I do not have experience with this situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Regarding Note 6 in Note1025707, this is for if both systems are on the same server, for example, a server has AS ABAP CEN with DBA Cockpit and has AS Java JAV. Is this your situation? The Oracle DB for the separate AS Java would still be considered "remote" in this case. I do not have experience with this situation.

For the instance, if the installation is a SAP Portal system, it is evaluated by a remote database, when you are attached it to a central monitoring system. For example you have two or more SAP installations even on a same physical host attached to the central monitoring system, those systems are evaluated as remote systems. This is because central monitoring system should be connected to these systems by remote.

I hope that I clarified the issue.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik