cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Text: No Document Opened

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got a project that has a ps text stored in Microsoft Excel format and when I attempt to open the text for editing (using the "Function (edit ps text)" button, I'm getting the error "No Document Opened".

I have other projects with similar ps text objects stored in excel format and they're all working. Also, this one had been working previously but not any more. Not sure what happened to it.

I also tried viewing the ps text in the CN05 transaction. I can see the object listed for my project, but any attempt to view it results in the same error.

Does anyone know how I can retrieve the ps text object?. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the long text screen try "Goto > Change Editor". This should let you edit/ view your texts in the script editor format. Sometimes the problem could be due to the office format.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the long text screen try "Goto > Change Editor". This should let you edit/ view your texts in the script editor format. Sometimes the problem could be due to the office format.

Regards

Sreekanth

Hi Sreekanth, thanx for the reply.

I don't see the "Goto > Change Editor" option. By the "long text" screen do you mean the "Long Text" for the specific WBS?

Pardon my ignorance, but my knowledge of the whole PS piece is rather limited.

Thanx again for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I meant the long text of the WBS Element. In CJ20N next to the WBS Element Description you have the "PS Text" icon and once you click this it will take you to another screen. In there you need to follow the path that i gave.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

The editor was already using the standard one, not the office one.

The long text is not where I'm having the issue. It's the PS Text. On the same WBS screen, there's a PS Overview button. When clicked a listing of the ps texts is displayed. Double clicking one of these opens the details for it. On this details screen there is a "Edit PS text" button. This is where I'm experiencing my issue.