cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower case in variable substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in my scenario I have a receiver CC that put an xml file in a target server.

The requirement is to dynamically determine target directory based on a field on mapping header.

I have used variabile substitution to retrieve the value of the field, and with %% i have put this value on field target directory.

The problem is: value from mapping is in capital letter, but the name of the target directory in which I have to put the file is in lower case letters, and target server is case sensitive.

Obviously I cannot change value in mapping, but I need to put variable in variable substituion in lower letters.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

You can try Dynamic configuration for your requirement.

Search for blogs on how to use Dynamic Configuration

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm already using Dynamic Configuration in this scenario to set target directory for a different receiver (i have 3 receivers), therefore I cannot use Dynamic Configuration with different values for another receiver of the same interface.

Fabio

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, you can probably have a dummy field (May be at the end of the field list in the target data type), which should be mapped with a Lower case value. Then use this field in your Variable Substitution.

Do not mention this field in the content conversion, to avoid it from appearing in the output file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to make changes on mapping, is not possible to put lower case in variable substituion?

Thanks

Fabio

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

I am not sure if there is some command that we can use in variable substitution to change the file names to lower case.

How about using OS command after processing option to rename to lower case?

Best Regards,

Ravi

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I don't want to make changes on mapping, is not possible to put lower case in variable substituion?

> Thanks

> Fabio

no

also in case you want to put small case in variable substitution why cant you use dynamic configuration and set the values to lower case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm already using Dynamic Configuration in this scenario to set target directory for a different receiver (i have 3 receivers), therefore I cannot use Dynamic Configuration with different values for another receiver of the same interface.

Thanks

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on the same scenario with small difference, our target folder is static.

Our source is IDoc and file name is coming in Upper case, customer requirement is the file name should be in lower case. The file name format is storing in custom table. hence we requested SAP ECC team to make the domain lower case compatable.

As I know, standard Dynamic Conf functionality will not support this requirement.

Infact I am waiting for the best solution from SDN...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use a simple toLowercase function in your mapping else it is always best to put the correct case sensitive values in your value mapping table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot change values in mapping.

Fabio