Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo 2.1 & OPC core components 3.0 redistributables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the PCo2.1 release notes :

To use PCo's OPC DA functionality you must install the OPC core components 3.0 redistributables on the PCo server prior to installing PCo.

I have a very basic question around this. If one has both Matrikon OPC Simulator & Pco 2.1 on the same machine , are you still required to install the core components redistributables?

I was trying to complete the excercise of PCo Notifications the way Diana has explained in that one white paper. Some how I can't get the notifications to trigger. I mean atleast the Notification which is configured as trigger "ALWAYS" should work.

There are no errors when starting the Agent and I am able to do a Test Delivery as well to the destination but somehow no notification is triggered (No file is written by the MII transaction - proof that the notification was not triggerred).

There is no infrmation if there are any failed/expired messages. The Agent Log has no errors.

Would appreciate any inputs around this.

Thanks

Udayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

I did not have to install the redistibutables to make the scenario work. Not sure what the issue might be, perhaps you could do a simple notification that just sends you an email rather than write to a file. Of course, you may only want to start the Agent for a short time as to not get a deluge of email.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another question.

The time stamp that PCo sends to MII is 5hrs 30 minutes behind the server's Time Zone which is GMT + 5:30.

When I look at PCo Logs there the time stamp matches with the server time stamp. Any idea how to fix the time stamp that PCo notification sends over?

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

In the Source System -> Settings tab there is a property called "Time Bias", which, according to the PCo Help Documentation is

"Used if the OPC DA server and the source system are in different time zones" (which I'm not sure I understand). Perhaps you can try playing with this setting.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Jul 8, 2011 10:08 AM

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan..

Check the subscription item deadband.

Trigger tab enable is checked

Also check the refresh rate of the source system ..

Regards,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

I'll try that out.

Ajay,

Deadband is 0 both for the subscription items as well as the OPC DA Source.

When you say refresh rate are you talking about the Update rate for the source? This is what i've specified 00:00:01.000 which I think means 1 sec.

I'll try different values for these parameters and report back.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

This works now.

I removed the single quotes from the expressions and that fixed it.

So instead of stringif('Pump_Status',"On","Off") I simply said stringif(Pump_Status,"On","Off"). According to the expression editor both these are valid but somehow only the latter works in my case.

Thanks,

Udayan