cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unloading time during scheduling-GATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am facing an issue during GATP. During scheduling the "UNLD" ie Unloading time is not considering. When I checked with the SAP IMG help. It is maintained as "not support ".So how can I include the unloading time during the scheduling ?

Also is it possible to do any customization for the same ?

Regards,

Reji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

frank_horlacher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

please check the following:

Maintain Access for Scheduling

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide  Advanced Planning and Optimization  Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) Transportation and Shipment Scheduling  Scheduling Using the Condition Technique  Maintain Access for Scheduling

Have you assigned Accessses to the access sequence UNLD?

Maintain Control for Scheduling

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide  Advanced Planning and Optimization  Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP)  Transportation and Shipment Scheduling  Scheduling Using the Condition Technique  Maintain Control for Scheduling

On the Change View u201CRule Strategiesu201D: Overview screen, choose the entry SCHEDL and double-click the Control Data directory in the dialog structure.

Check that no entry is maintained in the field Cond for the condition types LEAD, PICK, LOAD, TRAN and UNLD.

Create Scheduling Step

Transaction code /SAPCND/AU11

Have you created an entry for condition type UNLD and scheduling type UNLD?

Please be aware that the unloading takes place in the destination location or ship to party!

It is similar to the transportation time TRAN.

BR Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reji,

Where did you see the 'not support' in IMG help? I can't find that statement in the SCM 5.0 systems' IMG help that I have access to.

I have never actually used 'UNLD' (but I have used PICK, TRAN, and LOAD). The settings seem to allow UNLD, I have just never configured, nor created the conditions. SAP help implies that UNLD can be configured in the same way as any other Access Sequence.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/3a/92e217b3f54a5eae7a4ac8a99e5e87/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

When I checked in the SPRO it is mentioned as "" Not Supported "". Please help me on the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reji,

Exactly where did you see the 'not supported' statement in SPRO? I can't find that statement in the SCM 5.0 systems that I have access to.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here I can see the same. The last line

Maintain Control for Scheduling

You maintain scheduling control in this IMG activity. Because the scheduling procedure is firmly configured, you can only exclude individual condition types before accessing the condition records.

Activities

1. Select the procedure and choose Control.

2. Exclude the desired condition type by choosing the entry 100 (exclusion) in the field Condition.

3. Save your entries.

Further notes

If you exclude the condition type TRAN by selecting the condition (100), transportation scheduling takes place based on transportation lanes and locations.

The condition type UNLD is not currently supported.

Regards,

Rejish.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reji

What field in the field catalog are you using to create condition tables for Unloading duration determination ?

When you execute the ATP check, is the value in this field getting populated ? If not, try to see if you can get the value populated by using field mapping (SPRO> GATP> Transportation Scheduling --> Interfaces --> Perform field mapping for Scheduling).

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I have ditto issue. Found this relevant thread that I thought of extending to address the MAIN issue (emphasis mine),

The condition record for UNLD is accessed just like other condition records in cond. type TRAN, PICK....I note the same populated in the scheduling analysis log of delivery proposal screen.,

However the calculation of delivery date DOES NOT seem to consider the UNLD duration i.e. the difference between delivery date and planned goods issue date is equal to TRAN duration only. I would have expected that UNLD duration is also considered in the calculation of delivery date (offset from PGI date). i.e. Delivery Date = PGI Date + TRAN duration + UNLD duration.

I have tried cases that call both backward and forward scheduling and only backward scheduling (spro). in either cases the behaviour looks same.

Is there a correction note for this

Guru

Edited by: Guru Gulab Khatri on Oct 4, 2011 4:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

However the calculation of delivery date DOES NOT seem to consider the UNLD duration i.e. the difference between delivery date and planned goods issue date is equal to TRAN duration only. I would have expected that UNLD duration is also considered in the calculation of delivery date (offset from PGI date). i.e. Delivery Date = PGI Date + TRAN duration + UNLD duration

Your interpretation of the UNLD functionality is contrary to the SAP online help on the subject. Unloading is supposed to come after the delivery date, not before.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/3a/92e217b3f54a5eae7a4ac8a99e5e87/frameset.htm

I reiterate that I have never used the UNLD feature (I am not aware of any great number of customers who make this info available, nor would such information normally be of interest to the company selling the goods). Given the online docs, I doubt that SAP would be inclined to supply a note that would insert unloading time 'between Goods Issue and Delivery' vs 'after Delivery'.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

Got the point but allow me to crib a bit.

If I have a warehouse in middle of Montana and the nearest sea port where I "deliver" the goods (from another country) is Philadelphia then obviously the duration between Philadelphia and Montana is un-ignorable and unpardonable for service level measurements. Somewhere I need to account for this time. Sometimes my obligations end on delivery at port and sometimes I am obliged to deliver at customer door step and it could be the same customer at differnet times in a year. No I am not complicating for the sake of it. This is how the business is.

So any "requested delivery date" on door delivery terms - delivered duty paid at warehouse door- must consider this part of transit + port clearance + other waiting times. I thought UNLD was the best condition type for the same. Additing this portion also to TRAN now means I need to build additional access in TRAN and complicate my data maintenance.

Why according to you SAP provided UNLD as a condition type. I would have appreciated if this was clearly separate duration to represent something unque. On the same reasoning other durations are negligible as compared to TRAN and UNLD or rather TRAN+UNLD and no one cares if pick date and load date are a day or 2 apart.

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

You are of course free to interpret terms in any way that is meaningful to you. However, it seems clear to me that 'delivery date' is the date that the goods are delivered to the incoming dock door of the destination. You don't 'deliver' the goods to a port of entry, you deliver them to the loading dock of the destination ship-to address.

Why according to you SAP provided UNLD as a condition type.

SAP has never found it necessary to consult me for any of their business decisions. If this question is important to you, then you should ask Walldorf. When you get the answer, make sure you publish it here so everyone can know..

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru

The UNLD condition type is useful for scheduling Stock Transport Orders in GATP. If you dont maintain this, the system uses the Goods Receipt Processing Time assigned to the receiving location.

If you want to consider additional logistics steps (such as port clearance and other waiting times), you can use Configurable Process Scheduling instead of the standard condition technique. CPS allows you to define your own schema - you are not restricted to PICK, PACK, TRAN, UNLD, etc.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

As usual I am humbled by your exteremly concise and conceptually clear explantion of everything. Apologies if my question sounded offensive. Reasoning is something I die for. Whether is makes sense is another story. No waldorf calls but wish SAP provided something in between low tech condition technique and high tech CPS.

Thanks RIshi, CPS I shall educate myself fully once I find some breathing time.

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reji

What method of Transportation & Shipment Scheduling are you using in GATP ? (CPS/ SNP Master Data/ Condition Technique) ?

See if this thread helps -

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi,

We are using the condition techinques for the scheduling.

Regards,

Reji