cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to populate some extra field on screen using Enterprise Services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on ServiceRequestERPCreateRequestConfirmation_In Enterprise service to create service notification.

I am succussfully able to create Service request using above services but I need to populate some fields on the screen which ES doesn't have field for that. I have looked at BADI for that but even BADI is not enough to populate those field.

does anybody have any idea how to populate those fields ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have SAP PI or SAP CE (either one comes shipped with the ESR), you could easily enhance the service contract with the additional field requirements & implement the corresponding BADI.

Refer to this SAP Enterprise Services Enhancement Guide:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942e5d?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

If you don't, you might want to consider creating a wrapper around this Enterprise Service with all the current import & export parameters and include the additional parameters you require & then web service enable the wrapper instead. It's a bit of a tedious exercise and you might want to run this appoach past the Abap forum here on SDN for some best practice guidance.

I personally haven't seen a neat approach for enhancing an Enterprise Service without the SAP ESR.

Regards, Trevor