cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI installation server, Patch 7, process somehow crashes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I do have a problem with SAP GUI installation server. It usually runs fine and deploys SAP GUI 7.20 since some months. Now I was asked to patch the server with Patch 7. I did not do this with all other patches in between. Perhaps there was simply no time to do so. Anyway now I am trying to patch the server with no. 7 and this fails. More exactly spoken it fails at the point where it should copy the checked and unwrapped patch towards the network share. The log file says at this point:

11:46:39 NwSapAdmin 1 The engine would execute 2072 actions to copy SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 (Compilation 2) from C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\gui720_7-10007878\sap0707_1144\Setup to
YYYYYY\SAP-Server-720\Setup

11:46:39 NwSvrUpdte 1 Product 'SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 (Compilation 2)' contains '4' other attached products, copying them all!

This is the last sentence of this log. At this point the process somehow crashes.

Any ideas? Has someone seen this before? Or does this simply say something I do not understand? Because of my interpretation was just ending in an attempt to copy some files to the server share with my user rights in order to see if this might fail also. It did not. I may create, change and delete files there.

Best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a thread after googling the right error from my workstations event log: "APPCRASH NwUpdateInstServer.exe".

[|]

The last answer helped me. He said "Just get the extracted patch from temp directory . Now , open the setup folder in extracted patch to find <NwUpdateInstServer> , try to run it . It will ask you the location of your installation server and will update it ."

This and the same method done with NwCreateInstServer.exe run from the temp folder made it for me.

Regards,

Thomas